Grandby model; How do I access faucet to replace ?

patrkbukly

Hey folks,
I am wanting to replace the plastic faucet in my Granby for all the typical reasons; splashes water onto counter behind sink, has no height to get under with larger pots, generally cheap.

Is there a way to raise the counter top?

I can barely reach the faucet hardware with my right arm/hand reaching by the waterpump then behind the sink but I am betting there is an easier way.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance everyone.
75EMcqc2l-OiJR9hsaHVYWDGymZxSo7b2IIvQttEaVKUQ8VbDu6T_tvhqzndfOWhBa86jIO_8zTpeX9tBTlmOCDn8kspsVKa9y2EpPfVO8258E3lO8y_ymB2-10H6DEpej_RuU8y72CFjIVq7KWmJ8P1Rm2xXyPgrC6P75LxgernEQZbOA6kPam5eY_dE2Lgx6VMaEO3BOulghP4urdUsMhpOwAwuQitUnOVCGY8x4YrCJGsOuEjV0uEeIlrZ5zsuXaKw-LrFpbw4PXA31URswFpgGqlMSyZqwGTcRX6S5Ueb4c6E0U-fJB4nH_ZZS3UORXvzeGY-_ZI7FZ_ox7ByRIHPNAkNzarmqhOhMu98rxhipDlJfCF1sy53k-6vxsTlTDcDOdf3sChFTgkCV4q_cwZtPvHT3BvdJrKrHgBbg-n8bfF3003aauzQqM4U0_XmDiuyWLBWwm1UQWobW-JgOjYudigGCDQKSf-5FefWjbjceEd28AbcWlCdQkOvfB4WTQ4KeBl9IHjts_6l4w-Uxym0OdeyAG9Hy69GAJGfoAn9v0fzqe-vTtFZ1l7zkbk5TQXatWd1ERk0FkxACCGtIdpykIIuieh9FMgq60=w1015-h761-no

We have a Marine grade faucet in our 2014 Grandby. It pulls out which allows us to making washing dishes easier. It was factory installed. jd

patrkbukly said:
OK thank you for that. Any idea how to access it underneath?
That would be a good question FWC. Hopefully someone will post that has changed theirs out on a late model camper

I did my own inside build. Not much room with the sink installed. Only a few clips holding the sink. Take the sink out and you have lots of room.

EDIT found the picture I was looking for:
cabinet+top+empty.jpg

** UPDATE **

Just an FYI for everyone.

The plastic faucet that the FWC comes with is actually extremely simple to remove. Turns out there are 4 screws on the base plate of the faucet that when removed the whole faucet just lifts out.

It is a simple design allowing replacement of the same faucet and/or repair without having to remove the sink or anything else..

To replace the faucet with a standard faucet you would still need to remove the sink but good to know if thats not what you are doing its an easy removal.

I will post my completed job for whatever it's worth.

Yes, the OEM plastic Whale faucet comes out from above. I used a 3/16" stainless steel plate for mounting the new faucet so I could mount it from the top. I had to do something anyway because the new faucet mounted in one hole and the opening in the countertop was a much bigger rectangle. My stainless plate mounts to the countertop with four machine screws threaded into T-nuts in the countertop. Sealed the heck out of it with 3M Marine 4000UV. My faucet connected to the plumbing with hoses, so the install was pretty easy.

- Bernard

Back
Top Bottom