Grandby / No Wheels

Like Mike if I keep the speed at 65 to 68 I get very good milage with the camper on. I find the RPM sweet spot is between 1750 and 1800. I got 22 @ 65MPH with the camper off but its hard not to use all this power.

My T100 struggled up every hill with the camper on and my milage was 15 or less. Once into Saline and following my buddy in his Ram CTD I got only 12. And I had to forget about the overdrive on even the most minor hills.

I figured if I'm only going to get 15 than I'd rather get it in a bigger truck. Now I get better milage and this Dodge is the best vehicle I've ever owned.

I think it would be really hard to get single digit mileage with a FWC my 95 T100 V6 carrying a Ranger averages 18 mpg on the hwy; sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Ram 2500...good choice!

I've had a Grandby on my '04 Ram 2500, short bed for the last couple of years.....love it. I just recently up-graded to a Keystone. The Grandby sits nicely on the Tail-gate of the short-bed, w/ about an inch to spare. I've been all over the west (I live in NorCal): South Dakota, Montana, Canada....the truck rides nice w/ the camper in the back. I get about 16 miles to the gallon...diesel, the only way to go. Call me if you want to talk more about it....530/400-5930 (Aaron)

Back
Top Bottom