Grandby roof noise

patcone

Hi, so I've got a '93 Grandby, and refurbed it. All good with the roof and canvas, but at high speed on my Silverado it sounds like the roof is popping with air pressure. Like a gong sound. clamps are all good, and wondering if it's the roof vents? especially makes it when I'm behind, or having a semi pass. Any thoughts? Thanks

is it camper or your truck roof? my sierra does the same thing, and it’s the truck roof i’m going to build a wind fairing for mine

Try opening a window or changing your heater from inside to outside air. My Hawk on a 2005 Tundra make a lot of noise, a lot. Found if the window was open a little it got much better. I now use a wind fairing and no noise.

med_gallery_1903_349_191812.jpg

patcone, I've had this, for the first time this year I think. Noticed it overtaking another vehicle, so I was driving faster than normal. And once with a semi speeding past me. I figured somehow the camper was pressurised even though it was all buttoned up as usual. I do wonder if one or more of the roof screws have lost their hold over time ? (we both have old campers but you did say your's was "all good")

Back
Top Bottom