Grandby Shell Build

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah, just the awning takes less than 5 minutes to set up/break down. Adding the tapered sides brings that up to 10 mins. If we're just stopped for the night or need a shady break on trail, the sides don't go up. It sure is nice being able to make a sheltered alcove on demand. Was pretty much a godsend during a particularly rainy 10 day trip through Oregon in October a couple years ago before we had the fwc and were just using a topper.

Sorry for the dirty truck and bad pics, but got the aluminess front bumper finished up today. I think it looks pretty sharp, and wound up weighing 15 lbs more than my stock bumper that came off. Not too shabby.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 169
That was the tipping point for me to go with aluminess rather than a steel bumper. When you factor in the 67 lbs for the winch I'm looking at (strung with synthetic line), I am still at less net weight gain than just a steel bumper, and keeping under my gvwr fully loaded for bear with the wife and dog in tow. Now if I pull the trigger on a carli or thuren suspension once I save a few more pennies, I should be in great shape. then all I need is the aluminess rear bumper with boxes, a hi-lift/shovel/axe mount, a bunch of expo branded decals, some sweet 37" tires on beadwork, and I can finally start fitting in here in Colorado. :)

Oh yeah, I still drool over Bills rear bumper but until I win the lottery I'll just have to be happy with what I have. If I didn't have the cummins I'd probably gone with a steel bumper. Weight is everything.-

Back
Top Bottom