Grass Valley to Dixie Valley Nevada

It was fun to follow along on another trip. Good narrative, photos and I really enjoy a little bit of cultural education. But I mainly appreciated the answer to the eternal question of "What does one smoke in Grass Valley".
Thanks for the report.

Yep, another nice run, thanks for taking us along :love: ! I was planning a short trip up to the lake to make sure everything is working before I took off-but you guys a getting me real real motivated to head out that way sooner than I planned to-but everything looks so dry :oops: out there now, so maybe I'll have to move up my late spring trip to my old stomping grounds around Austin, the Desatoyas and the Monitors., But now you guys gave gone and given me another option on how to get there. I've been trying to figure out how to take that route without using 80-which I hate :ninja: !!!. Have to figure out if I want to take the bumpy road past Pyramid to Wadsworth, then down, or go high and head across the Blackrock from Gerlach, to Winnemucca, then south to Austin. Or maybe just bite my tongue and just follow 395 to 50 and then over and come back that way-well it's better to have to many options than not enough ones-right!

My main problem now is I just don't trust that the weather will stay this way, I've spent to many times getting "unstuck" in the high desert to trust my luck that we will not have that winter storm we need! Now if I can just convince my old field buddies from the past to get off their butts early and head out :p with me so I will not be without a back up out there . Wonder if any of our fellow WTWers are going to be out and about in that area this month or next :eek: ? Being retired I don't need to go right now, one step at a time-me thinks! Can't wait for you next trip! So much to explore and only so much time to do it-wait until you guys retire, that pop-up will just make things just so much more fun-week or two trips instead of just weekenders! :D You smoke anything you can find in Grass Valley me thinks :p

Smoke

Thanks all for the very kind comments! we do appreciate it. Smoke, we have been taking advantage of this drought weather, mild temps, and dry roads. Get your buddies together and go!

Okay, who's going to be buying the Leach Hot Springs Ranch? 200 acres plus the ranch buildings for $215,000. Did you check out the property taxes? Great solar potential, your own private Nevada hot spring, solitude, off the grid. You could most likely engineer winter heating with geothermal! Somebody's piece of heaven is available here. Close to hundreds of square miles of unpopulated adventures and exploring! In the heart of the Great Basin!

I haven't been able to get the Lady interested.

Smokecreek1 said:
Yep, another nice run, thanks for taking us along :love: ! I was planning a short trip up to the lake to make sure everything is working before I took off-but you guys a getting me real real motivated to head out that way sooner than I planned to-but everything looks so dry :oops: out there now, so maybe I'll have to move up my late spring trip to my old stomping grounds around Austin, the Desatoyas and the Monitors., But now you guys gave gone and given me another option on how to get there. I've been trying to figure out how to take that route without using 80-which I hate :ninja: !!!. Have to figure out if I want to take the bumpy road past Pyramid to Wadsworth, then down, or go high and head across the Blackrock from Gerlach, to Winnemucca, then south to Austin. Or maybe just bite my tongue and just follow 395 to 50 and then over and come back that way-well it's better to have to many options than not enough ones-right!

My main problem now is I just don't trust that the weather will stay this way, I've spent to many times getting "unstuck" in the high desert to trust my luck that we will not have that winter storm we need! Now if I can just convince my old field buddies from the past to get off their butts early and head out :p with me so I will not be without a back up out there . Wonder if any of our fellow WTWers are going to be out and about in that area this month or next :eek: ? Being retired I don't need to go right now, one step at a time-me thinks! Can't wait for you next trip! So much to explore and only so much time to do it-wait until you guys retire, that pop-up will just make things just so much more fun-week or two trips instead of just weekenders! :D You smoke anything you can find in Grass Valley me thinks :p

Smoke
Smoke,
I'm retired and can get away just about any time. Truck has lots of recovery gear including a 12000lb winch. Say where and when :)

K60N-Just might be heading out in the week or two after I tie up some loose ends here-isn't retirement grand :D ! They say rain/snow possible out there early next week-what ever that means anymore! This is usually the most dangerous season to be out and about-to much mud/snow, maybe the drought changed that this year! Have you ever "wandered" any of that country before? I was thinking of making a great loop south thru the Desatoyas then to the Monitors then back north or west-could even take a couple of trips or whatever-lot's of places to play out there! Anyway , we should probably take this off-line later if we do any trip planning, so let's keep in contact and see what happens!

Smoke

craig333 said:
Sure, just make me a small loan :)
Hey ranch web site looks good! Buying site w/o seeing it- don't know :oops: -maybe worth a trip 1st-who knows might make a nice Nevada WtW rest camp- all 230 acres of it :) , after all they only want $215,000 for it and you only live once :D !

Smoke

K60N-Just might be heading out in the week or two after I tie up some loose ends here-isn't retirement grand :D ! They say rain/snow possible out there early next week-what ever that means anymore! This is usually the most dangerous season to be out and about-to much mud/snow, maybe the drought changed that this year! Have you ever "wandered" any of that country before? I was thinking of making a great loop south thru the Desatoyas then to the Monitors then back north or west-could even take a couple of trips or whatever-lot's of places to play out there! Anyway , we should probably take this off-line later if we do any trip planning, so let's keep in contact and see what happens!

Smoke

Haven't played in that part on NV since the early 70's. I'd think it's changed a little bit :unsure:
Let's keep in touch and see what happens in a couple weeks.

Bob

I'd love to go check it out but the truck has started making a bad noise. I hope I can get it fixxed or at least diagnosed before the FWC get together. Oh well, an excuse to get the Jeep out of the garage. New (or newer) vehicles are so much more reliable, but if it was the Jeep at least I could try and fix it myself :(

Noises- don't need that to happen out there- :oops: Ya got a couple weeks before we try to get out there Craig, maybe you can use your new dog to pull the truck :eek: and you can barrow "Bob" too, a two dog truck :D ! Keep us posted - this is sort of the early pre-plan :p time anyway!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom