Great Quotes

The Dude: This aggression will not stand man.

and

The Dude: Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
“If there are no dogs in heaven, when I die, I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

Me too.
Well, there are cats in Heaven. Where else would they get the harp strings?

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

- Mark Twain

(Also - For those interested in such things... An interesting article about it on the Quote Investigator web site: When I Was A Boy of Fourteen My Father Was So Ignorant- Mark Twain? Apocryphal?)

"The old Lakota was wise.
He knew that man's heart, away from nature, becomes hard;
he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things
soon led to lack of respect for humans too."
- Luther Standing Bear

When talking about vehicles, vehicle mods, driving styles my favorite quote is:

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one."
~John D (I cant remember what forum this is from)

Mining - "Some vast destructive "Suck" had been at work here; and a visitor, had he returned after one hundred years, would have been compelled to note the ruin of the change. It was evident that a huge compulsive greed had been at work; the whole region had been sucked and gutted, milked dry, denuded of its rich primeval treasures: something blind and ruthless had been here, grasped, and gone."
Thomas Clayton Wolf, The Hills Beyond, 1941.

After my little bypass event I tell folks "It's better to be seen than viewed"
Happy trails, Bigfoot Dave

ps After all was done I'm back to clearing about 25 miles of trail a weekend on the Superior Hiking Trail. Thanks Dr Boylen!

Bigfoot Dave said:
After my little bypass event I tell folks "It's better to be seen than viewed"
Happy trails, Bigfoot Dave

ps After all was done I'm back to clearing about 25 miles of trail a weekend on the Superior Hiking Trail. Thanks Dr Boylen!
The old ticker sure feels better with improved blood flow doesn't it! Good quote! :)

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result"

Both attributed to Winston Churchill, the latter in an account of his experiences in the Boer War in 1899 at age 25.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Attributed to Henry Ford circa 1909.

Foy

“If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.”

James Thurber

Back
Top Bottom