Great Quotes

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
- Winston Churchill

I liked this one that I found somewhere:

"The problem with 95% of the quotes on the internet is that they are wrong."
-- Abraham Lincoln

A couple more that I've acquired along the way:
“The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from!”
- Robert Swartzwelder

I know the voices in my head aren't real, but damn they have some really cool ideas.
-Eldon J. Rogers

"The key to happiness is to pick an age you like and stick with it"

-unknwn

It is time to bring this hopeful and reflective topic back, especially during this 2020 holiday season. Here's one from Winston Churchill I was reminded of this morning -

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give,"

ski3pin said:
It is time to bring this hopeful and reflective topic back, especially during this 2020 holiday season. Here's one from Winston Churchill I was reminded of this morning -

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give,"
Very true.
Frank

It was during my enchanted days of travel that the idea came to me, which, through the years, has come into my thoughts again and again and always happily—the idea that geology is the music of the earth. -- Hans Cloos, 1954

AWG_Pics said:
It was during my enchanted days of travel that the idea came to me, which, through the years, has come into my thoughts again and again and always happily—the idea that geology is the music of the earth. -- Hans Cloos, 1954
I like that a lot. As a "reformed geologist" (defined here as a guy with a geology degree who no longer earns his living as a geologist), I think of the science in appreciative and happy terms.
Was talking to a retired air traffic controller the other day and he observed: ATCs and geologists have something in common--the ATC must visualize a patch of sky over the earth's surface in 3D, and a geologist must visualize a patch of the crust beneath the surface in 3D.

If it’s worth botching about, it’s worth doing something about. If you’re not gonna do anything, quit your bitching.

Rain comes before the wind, sheets and halyards you must mend...

Wind comes before the rain, hoist your topsails up again...

Back
Top Bottom