Green Creek & Hoover Wilderness - June 2016

A few years ago I had the worst mosquito experience of my life in Spring in the Hoover (Fremont Lake). It looked too cold on your trip to have skeeter problems though. I really like hearing the rain come down at night while I'm dry and warm in the camper. I'd much rather have Scrabble and Peet's there than at home.

Thanks for sharing.

I apologize that the blog post was down. I appears there's the possibility Google was not playing fair with the photo hosting site I choose. I believe it is okay now.

Mr Groovy, there were mosquitoes but not bad. The lowest repentant on the scale worked well.

Two incidents in the past come to mind in awful encounters with the little blood suckers. One time in Idaho's White Cloud Peaks at Noisy Lake we saw mosquitoes fighting with a golden eagle over a rabbit. The mosquitoes won and flew off with the rabbit...

Lighthawk said:
Blog doesn't load on my phone.
Andy, thanks for the heads up. I just checked and it looks okay on our android pad. Going on a nice hike is so much easier than dealing with all this technology.

Another great post. I kept expecting to see you casting in one of the videos, especially in the creek and then holding up a nice 14" rainbow. Next time. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

longhorn1 said:
Another great post. I kept expecting to see you casting in one of the videos, especially in the creek and then holding up a nice 14" rainbow. Next time. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app
I'll work on that John, al;though it won't look quite like what you saw in "A River Runs Through It"! :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Ski,that back side of the Sierras is always nice.
Thanks for sharing.
Frank
Sure is Frank!

Thanks again everyone for your kind comments! :)

Back
Top Bottom