Green Creek/ XP Camper Rally July 2010

pvstoy

I don’t have much to say and some of the pictures are the same as others that were there.

It was a good quick trip down to Green Creek to meet some new faces and check out the XP Camper. For us it was enjoyable to wander up a peak out of Virginia Lakes area.

We drove to the end of the dirt road near sunset and on the way back down was exploring side roads to find the group of pop up campers. We did find them and made a U turn where they were parked and stopped. At first they thought who are these people and are they lost? I quickly had to show my face before being run out of camp. Oh, I had a pop up camper of sorts but not to the size they expect. We had just picked it up the day before, a Autohome Maggiolina Air Top roof top tent. So far 2 nights and all is good.
I made sure I gave the big pop ups a wide berth.

They had found a lovely spot and with the creek flowing nearby was great. The second night J treated us from his dutch oven a peach cobbler…Yum! We did not stay up late to witness the night activities but we were caught up on stories the next morning from the ones that were awake.

So here are 20 pictures to enjoy.
Come on guys, Let me in!
gallery_220_139_224605.jpg

gallery_220_139_576868.jpg

Mr. Mumbles
gallery_220_139_141522.jpg

Marc...What are you doing in there???
gallery_220_139_74424.jpg

gallery_220_139_1003081.jpg

The night is just starting for some….

gallery_220_139_64274.jpg

J”s Dutch oven

gallery_220_139_847721.jpg

Can’t you just taste it….

gallery_220_139_8332.jpg

The morning after…

gallery_220_139_520579.jpg

gallery_220_139_128831.jpg

Oh the stories…..

gallery_220_139_59859.jpg

I’m shocked!..Such gossip…Really!!!

gallery_220_139_217353.jpg

gallery_220_139_454553.jpg

Does it taste better on a Dodge or Ford???

gallery_220_139_141134.jpg

The morning after…Look how clean it is!

gallery_220_139_150887.jpg

Pat and Carol,

Good of you to chime in and nice group vehicle shots. I've seen a few different rooftop tents on ExPo but yours is unique. I'm guessing that's for trips like this when you don't know if the Casita will fit. Pretty neat and convenient. Did you show the group the mods you made to the Fourrunner? They are pretty impressive!

Hi Ted,

The RTT is their new model that is a crossbetween the Columbus and the Maggiolina. Yes it is convenient when we want to go 4X4 and the Casita would not be practical.

I don’t want to get carried away with any mods on the Runner but want to make it nicer to go solo on 4X4 trips. There are a couple of details left to do and I just want to enjoy it.

Wish you could have made it but I understand why.

Great pics!!!

But I have to ask. What is that thing in front of the white Ram? Looks like a tiny screen tent for a child or dog.

Great pics!!!

But I have to ask. What is that thing in front of the white Ram? Looks like a tiny screen tent for a child or dog.

Ditto Patrick and Carol.
The day bed belongs to "Yuma", who is Mr. Mumbles owner. :D

The Air Top is looking good Patrick! So what did you think?
huh.gif

Hi Kcowyo, we did it. Went over there to get the Air Land but ended up with the Air Top. Hard to decide if you have never touched one.

Mike was very nice and easy to work with. He is a user and can answer any questions. So far with two nights I think it will be a good tool to fit the mode of travel when needed. Will be using it again 2 nights this weekend. We got the small and it has pleanty of head room and leg room still checking out the width. I'm going to put a handle on the lid on the back to have something to grab to help pull-push.

More we use it the more opinions we will have. Thanks for your help with the information you provided.

Hi Kcowyo, we did it. Went over there to get the Air Land but ended up with the Air Top. Hard to decide if you have never touched one.

Mike was very nice and easy to work with. He is a user and can answer any questions. So far with two nights I think it will be a good tool to fit the mode of travel when needed. Will be using it again 2 nights this weekend. We got the small and it has pleanty of head room and leg room still checking out the width. I'm going to put a handle on the lid on the back to have something to grab to help pull-push.

More we use it the more opinions we will have. Thanks for your help with the information you provided.

Glad you guys can make it - I enjoyed the photos! If you would like, you could borrow Diego for an overnighter to see how that tent thing works out with a big hairy dog.

Glad you guys can make it - I enjoyed the photos! If you would like, you could borrow Diego for an overnighter to see how that tent thing works out with a big hairy dog.

How long would it take you to teach Diego to climb and decend a ladder???

Great pics!!!

Yeah, thats a dog shelter, made by Paha Que. Sadly I think they discontinued it. Its a sweet setup.

Back
Top Bottom