Grrrr forecast, camping song?

craig333

Riley's Human
Just checked the forecast for the area along 395, white mountains. Cold nights. T-storms and windy for Sunday. Should be nice on monday when I'm heading back to Sac :(

At work, being all excited about getting the hell outta dodge I went to sing the camping song. Only I don't know one (not campfire songs). Anyone know a song about camping?

Well heading out shortly regardless. If I don't post a trip report by Tuesday send a rescue team.

I'm halfway packed, backed up to my garage looking out at ominous black T-heads looming over Nevada City. Couple that with a high wind advisory and it's a tad discouraging. I already bailed on a ski trip to Virginia Lks but now Susan says she will go, but where?

Just got back from 2 nights camping at Malacoff Diggins state park up near Nevada City, CA.

About 3500 ft. elevation.

Had a short snow shower Wed. daytime, and rain most all of Wed.

Sunny on Thursday.

Clouded up and started to sprinkle again today (Friday)

Days time temps were great.

But is got COLD at night.

Felt sorry for all of the tent campers in our group.

It was comfy and toasty both nights in a camper.

:)

Holiday traffic looked nasty coming into the Sac Valley on the way home.

Attachments

• 11111.JPG
    11111.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 55555.JPG
    55555.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 88
Nasty weather makes for great photos. Never shoot on a clear sunny blue sky day unless you are in a slot canyon.

We are very anxiously awaiting our new Eagle, probably mid-August? Still many camping days left in the year, especially if we head south.

Its times like this that I feel for those poor souls who go "I don't need a heater, I only camp in the Summer". Cold happens.

Back
Top Bottom