Happy Winter Solstice 2017!

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
We are turning the corner this morning! Get out and celebrate! Turn your inner pagan loose!

Our best wishes to everyone this holiday season. :)

Minuets away from Paganism.
I can almost feel the tilt back to the "light" side.

Mighty cold here in Monterey this morning.Lots of frost around.

Have a great holiday season.
Frank Bon Nadal

IMG_1028.jpg

Frost and fog in the Northen Willamette Valley. Just finished a heathen breakfast of ham and eggs, getting ready to go out and talk to my big leaf maple...

Dodged a winter storm here. Heading into the deep freeze now. The solstice here means we are heading into the coldest time of winter in spite of the increasing daylight. It takes a while for things to turn. But we are thankful for the season just the same.

ski3pin said:

Our best wishes to everyone this holiday season. :)
x2!

I watch it like a hawk...or in my case an Eagle!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 9.18.23 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 9.18.23 AM.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 79
Dark and cold here in east Idaho - but starting on the upward swing. Pretty soon the sun will be rising over the Grand Teton again on it's way north!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Frost and fog in the Northen Willamette Valley. Just finished a heathen breakfast of ham and eggs, getting ready to go out and talk to my big leaf maple...

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Good idea Steve. I have a Big Leaf Maple bonsai tree.
Maybe I will go talk to it.
Strange though it's starting to leaf out again.
Weird weather.
Frank
Our Big Leaf Maple is asleep for the winter, so not much opportunity for a conversation. I have been talking to the Western Incense Cedars daily about why they are putting out pollen so early. All they say is it's because of these continuing warm temperatures.

xmas eve here, overcast and 47°, far too hot. The turkey is enjoying its 24 hour brine bath prior to slow cooking with lots of apple wood smoke. All these wonderful smells around the house, I'm already pretty darn hungry. Where should we go to work off all the great vitties we are gearing up to devour? :)

ski3pin said:
xmas eve here, overcast and 47°, far too hot. The turkey is enjoying its 24 hour brine bath prior to slow cooking with lots of apple wood smoke. All these wonderful smells around the house, I'm already pretty darn hungry. Where should we go to work off all the great vitties we are gearing up to devour? :)
Easy question... DVNP!

Just back from a nice breakfast at a great restaurant along the walking trail in Monterey with a great view of the bay.
Chilly here temp about 50 with high clouds.
In the kitchen making tapas for out eve dinner yum.
Have a great holiday with all your wonderful food and friends/family.
The Casa's

Well, stayed at a steady 47° with the addition of light rain now. No white xmas for us but we did have a white solstice! :)

Happy holidays one and all!

Yes Frank, it looks like the cooks did an outstanding job! :)

Smoke is pouring from the grill here. I told the Lady if the smoke turns white we've got a new pope.

Happy Holidays. Feast well! :)

Back
Top Bottom