Happy Winter Solstice 2017!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Our eve tapas dinner . Today on to see Star Wars then "Santa" Yeh!

<snip>

The "cooks"went all out again this year for the great food.

The suns out nice and bright.
Happy Christmas.
Casas
ski3pin said:
Yes Frank, it looks like the cooks did an outstanding job! :)

Smoke is pouring from the grill here. I told the Lady if the smoke turns white we've got a new pope.

Happy Holidays. Feast well! :)
Frank, a beautiful meal!

Mr 3Pin, just remember... “If it’s smoking it’s cooking. If it’s black it’s done. If it’s too black, you’re done!”

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Anxious to hear about your "brine" turkey.
<snip>

Wandering Sagebrush said:
<snip>

Mr 3Pin, just remember... “If it’s smoking it’s cooking. If it’s black it’s done. If it’s too black, you’re done!”
It was a success. There were several "Best turkey I've had!" statements. It was good but there are a couple little tweaks that I think would make it worthy of the praise. It was the most moist turkey I've had.

Now I really need to work all these good vitties off. :)

Now back to the weather...

-9°F this morning- won't get above 0°F today. :ninja:

Good day to hang out indoors and eat leftovers. :)

Good to know our Minnesota brethren have weather like ours... (misery loves company!) ...there is nothing like the sensation of getting into the truck and the seats are as solid as a 2x10" plank. The next ten days look pretty much the same but the added benefit is the night sky... crystal clear!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 7.34.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 7.34.15 AM.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 48
Boy, it sure does not feel like it should for this time of the year; we just went from very cold and dry to still dry and maybe 10 degrees above what it should be. Reno is in the 50's and cold at night. Not much snow around here and we need January to be like last years-lot's of snow!

Smoke

ski3pin said:
It was a success. There were several "Best turkey I've had!" statements. It was good but there are a couple little tweaks that I think would make it worthy of the praise. It was the most moist turkey I've had.

Now I really need to work all these good vitties off. :)
Good to hear the turkey was a success.
I've never tried a turkey that way but we do chicken in brine for at least 2 days then cooked in a George Forman rotisserie.
They come out yummy.
Thanks .
Frank

Back
Top Bottom