Hard to reach tiedowns on Fleet

cfike

Hello, I just purchased a slightly used 2010 Fleet this spring. This is my first post but I have been getting lots of info from these forums for awhile. There is barely any room at all to connect the front tie downs on my 2001 Nissan Frontier. The front access panels line up with the wheel wells, just barely leaving room to get my arm inside to tighten the turnbuckles. Does anyone else have this problem or have any possible solutions? Is it possible to use exterior tie downs on the front? I have no problem with the rear tiedowns.

Hello, I just purchased a slightly used 2010 Fleet this spring. This is my first post but I have been getting lots of info from these forums for awhile. There is barely any room at all to connect the front tie downs on my 2001 Nissan Frontier. The front access panels line up with the wheel wells, just barely leaving room to get my arm inside to tighten the turnbuckles. Does anyone else have this problem or have any possible solutions? Is it possible to use exterior tie downs on the front? I have no problem with the rear tiedowns.

Welcome to WTW!

A used 2010 huh, where did you find it?

Not sure on the fit with a Nissan, but I am sure Stan will chime in soon.

You can use Tork Lift tie downs on the front. They mount outside on the frame of the truck. Put an eye bolt in the front plate for the jacks and use quick links and fast gun cam locks for a quick and easy mount that stays secure.

A used 2010 huh, where did you find it?

I got it at Xtreme Campers in High Pt North Carolina. I did not have much hope of finding a used one on the east coast, so my wife and I were considering ordering an Eagle. We went there to look at a new in-stock Hawk just to get an idea about the campers in general (we knew it did not fit my truck). Someone had just brought in the Fleet a few days before. I think they had just purchased it in October of 2010 and only used it one time. It looked brand new to me.

You can use Tork Lift tie downs on the front. They mount outside on the frame of the truck. Put an eye bolt in the front plate for the jacks and use quick links and fast gun cam locks for a quick and easy mount that stays secure.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to try external tie downs for the front. My father-in-law welded some framework to attach to my truck frame so I think I am set up now.

Back
Top Bottom