Have you ever forgotten something on roof of your truck?

Stan@FourWheel

Have you ever forgotten something on roof of your truck or car?

I wonder what the farther record is for a cup of coffee lasting on the back without falling off?

I left Salt Lake City on Tuesday morning and forgot my hot coffee cup on the rear storage boxes.

:eek:

As soon as I got on the freeway I realized my mistake and assumed it fell off already.

:(

But to my surprise, and 150 miles later, it will still hanging on strong.

2/3 full and frozen soild.

:)

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 126
I drove around town for 30 minutes once with a pizza on top of the car. Remarkably it didn't fall off.

This summer I left a small bolt on the 1 1/2 inch wide lip of the pickup bed between the camper and the cab. I spent several days looking for it and drove hundreds of miles on both rough and high speed roads with steep hills.

I drove around town for 30 minutes once with a pizza on top of the car. Remarkably it didn't fall off.

LMAO! :LOL:

Were there 20 dogs chasing you down the street?

I used to have a Saab Sonett III like this one:
saab_sonettiii_front_1970_600.jpg

I also used to have a no-spill coffee mug like this:
il_570xN.374897518_bp2k.jpg

One Spring Saturday morning I decided to replace my front brake pads in the driveway. After I got the car off the jacks I decided to hop in and test 'em out.
dry.gif
Now this was a pretty fun car to drive, like a go cart. So I pull out of the driveway and stomp on the gas... zoOM! ...then the brakes ... SKreech! ... then the gas ... zoOM! ... then the brakes... SKreech!

I had noticed my neighbor, Bob M_, out in his driveway working on his pickup, too. He looked sort of disturbed when I went by; sure enough, when I came back down the road, there he was with his hands on his hips and his head cocked to one side. "Oh, crap," I thought, as he waved me down...

Bob says, "You left your coffee cup on your roof," and hands it in to me.

My story could have had a very sad ending but as I look back all I can do is think of the crazy dog "Fred" I had 15 years ago.
Back in 86 we were coming back from our cabin in the Sierras,in those days we would go down through Stockton south on 99 to Manteca than over to 5 than the Altamont and home by way of 101.We would stop sometimes in Manteca for some food.This time we had our camper,in those days it was small cab over like a Six Pac.
After we stopped for food,checked that the Fred was in the camper and the door locked we started on the trip home.All the way up the Altamont we had some folks beeping their horn and pointing.Didn't know what they wanted so we kept on driving.When we got to 101 and headed south I had a chance to pull over to see what the problem might be that was causing some drivers to beep at us.
Well when I got out of the truck and walked back to the camper I found out what all the pointing was about.Fred had gotten out the roof vent and was laying down on the roof his claws holding onto the lip of the vent.
He rode about 80 or so miles hanging on for dear life to the frame on the vent.How he was able to stay there I still can't figure out,but like I said the story makes for a good laugh now,especially since Fred made the trip OK.

Frank

LMAO! :LOL:

Were there 20 dogs chasing you down the street?

If it had been a case of beer as well it probably would have been you and a bunch of dudes chasing the car.

If it had been a case of beer as well it probably would have been you and a bunch of dudes chasing the car.

That is probably why I have never seen a case of beer on a car roof.

Just the other day I swung by our storage unit in Carson city to grab our hitch-mount bike rack. I pulled the pin out of the receiver that holds our ball hitch, placed it on the rear bumper thinking to myself "don't forget that" and then installed the bike rack using the bike rack pin which is threaded and locks. Jumped in the truck and drove to Reno. In Reno, walked around to the back of the truck to make sure bike rack looked secure and there was the pin for the receiver sitting there on the bumper..."doooh!!"

Back
Top Bottom