Hawk Ceiling construction question

Bombsight

Does anyone , for certain, know what is behind the white molding strips highlighted between the green lines in attached photo?

I'm wanting to mount something to them and was wondering what is behind them ... if anything.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC06024.jpg
    DSC06024.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 207
Bombsight said:
Does anyone , for certain, know what is behind the white molding strips highlighted between the green lines in attached photo?

I'm wanting to mount something to them and was wondering what is behind them ... if anything.

Thanks

There are beams in the roof, but they don't always line up with the trim exactly. I would suggest dropping the fan (easy 4 screws) and you should be able to see where there beam is in relation to the trim right next to it.

If you remove the front presswood bar that goes across on the roof (the one the front panel lift bar is resting on) you gain access to the back side of the solar plug on the roof - you also get a good look of how it goes together.

Bombsight,

Here's some shots of what you'd see under the white strips, and under the ceiling material, from my build. Yours should be pretty similar, even though mine was built in 1981, and yours is 2016,

ImageUploadedByWander The West1472008900.127427.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1472008993.853896.jpg

Poky

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

PokyBro said:
Bombsight,

Here's some shots of what you'd see under the white strips, and under the ceiling material, from my build. Yours should be pretty similar, even though mine was built in 1981, and yours is 2016,

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByWander The West1472008900.127427.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByWander The West1472008993.853896.jpg

Poky

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West
Thanks, Poky! That helps a lot. Still a bit reluctant to drill into that area being as its 25 years production difference.
Sure wish Stan would answer my e-mails, private messages or posts on here. I guess I just need to call FWC themselves.

Bombsight,

Did you ever get an answer? I'm thinking of mounting some quick fists to my ceiling to hold flyrod tubes, but I'm also a little worried about drilling into a brand new roof!

Bombsight, I was thinking of fastening into the aluminum roof frame for some fasteners to hang a strap off of. I was discouraged by FWC. The frame thickness as noted by FWC is 1/2". There is another issue you could run into. Condensation dripping from the fasteners. I think you could open a can of worms by penetrating the framing. jd

longhorn1 said:
Bombsight, I was thinking of fastening into the aluminum roof frame for some fasteners to hang a strap off of. I was discouraged by FWC. The frame thickness as noted by FWC is 1/2". There is another issue you could run into. Condensation dripping from the fasteners. I think you could open a can of worms by penetrating the framing. jd
Never thought of condensation. :eek:
I'm wanting to hang some of these from the ceiling ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ93HS4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_13?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A27BUQSY3E84IP

Those coupled with rare earth magnets would allow for shower support. I wonder if 3M double sided tape, ( https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-414-DC-Extreme-Mounting/dp/B009NP1JQC/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1472488151&sr=8-24&keywords=double+sided+tape )
where the hooks hole is, could take the place of screwing into the roof frame? .... or would using epoxy be stronger than the 3M tape?
I need to affix 5 small pieces of black iron (1.5"x1") for the shower supports.

When h20 is a concern for FWC, they just shove a bunch of that grey putty behind the problem area. Seems as though owners doing their own fab work could do the same? :unsure: .... or better with another similar solution.

For my factory indoor shower they seemed to pay no mind. The shower clips are just screwed into the ceiling.

That's what I'm talking about !!!! ;)

I will take precautionary measures when it comes to the condensate that FWC suggested to Longhorn though.
Cant be too safe when it comes to leaks.

My plan is to pre-drill, Shoe Goo the hole, use 3M tape and then double screw the black iron tabs to the ceiling ribs.

There should be 1"x1" square aluminum under those strips. But it's pretty thin wall. I just through bolted my roof rack brackets through them in my Eagle. If you pinch around the strips you can feel the metal through the headliner.

Back
Top Bottom