Hawk Dimensions

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
I was under the impression my Hawk had slightly different dimensions to accomodate the deeper F150 bed. Is this just the depth of the camper floor? Will this camper fit other truck models? I measured the width of the camper at the tailgate and it was 4 foot 10 inches - anyone know if this is a standard width for mid-sized trucks? What about the Tundra?

You should have a false floor on your camper of about 2 1/2 inches to give you the extra height that you needed for your truck. This false floor is attached from the outside. With some work you could remove it and lower it to fit a tundra correctly. If you put in on a tundra the way it is it will stick up above the cab a bit further than you would probably like. If you would like more information give us a call at 800-446-1003 or visit our website at www.allterraincampers.com

Sincerely,
Ben

Hi Ben,

I have seen this false floor that you refer to - but mine is a 2005 model and they actually built it deeper to accommodate the F150 bed - so there are no spacers.

What about the width? I htought a Tundra had a narrower bed than other mid-sized trucks?

58" wide

the width was 60 " for a long time as this size would be ideal for alot of trucks but the 94 dodge full size and the tundra-t-100 models took a 58 inch width. so 58 became standard. the real old ones were 64 inches wide.
if you could send a picture of the botton inside of your door frame and include part of the floor in it we probably could tell if you indeed have a false floor. from some of your other photos i have been trying to figure that out.
have a nice day.

FWC emailed me today and I got it all straightened out. It turns out that I indeed have the spacer screwed to the bottom of the camper, but the sheet metal on both ends extends down far enough to cover it, so I hadn't realized that was just a spacer down there.

Back
Top Bottom