Hawk Front Dinette Conversion with photos and questions...

pdxvon

Hey Gang.

I’m converting my 2000 era Hawk to a minimalist front Dinette.

The rig started as a standard build Hawk with refer, 2 burner, sink, furnace, and couch. Last spring I added a sliding bed.

This spring I gutted the interior, installed EZ-Clean rubber flooring, textured rubber material over the wheel humps, and built an apple-ply cabinet for the refer, sink, and stove. The sink gets little use but we still like having it so I will undermount it in the apple-ply counter and then make a cover for it so the counter remains flat.

Rather than go back with a built-in two burner I’ve decided to go with a Jetboil Base Camp system complete with a hard plumbed propane port so that the stove can easily be set up inside or out.

I purchased Blue Sea AC and DC panels for rewiring the electronics, but need to first build the front dinette seating boxes as the batteries and panels will be installed in the left front box.

A few random questions maybe someone can assist with…

Does anyone know the dimensions of the front table FWC uses in the front dinette?

Do they build out any kind of backrest in the front dinette or simply put cushions against the walls?

I took a look at some photos and videos tonight and it appears their seat boxes extend inward from the tallest part of the wheel hump about ~18” on each side leaving room for about a ~24” wide table that then drops down to fill the gap in creation of the bed surface. I’m not married to using their exact dimensions, but would like to know for reference.

I am in Portland OR if anyone local has a front dinette they are willing to let me look at.

Thanks!
Taylor
gallery_7448_1219_3109416.jpg

gallery_7448_1219_2748988.jpg
gallery_7448_1219_3109397.jpg
gallery_7448_1219_3109416.jpg

Back
Top Bottom