Hawk FWC trailer hitch carrier

ramhawk2017

Just got Hawk shell camper and am outfitting it; question--does anyone have experience using a rear trailer hitch cargo carrier and what are your thoughts (besides the access to camper door factor). Thanks much, great group and great info. Have Dodge Ram 2500 with hawk shell. Phil

RamHawk you can do a search and there is a lot of input. Many of us use cargo carriers. I personally use one with a RakAttach.com swingaway hitch. You can google. That said it does reduce your departure angle a lot.

XJINTX said:
RamHawk you can do a search and there is a lot of input. Many of us use cargo carriers. I personally use one with a RakAttach.com swingaway hitch. You can google. That said it does reduce your departure angle a lot.
Sorry to hijack, but could you provide some info on those steps you have? thanks.

ramhawk2017 said:
Just got Hawk shell camper and am outfitting it; question--does anyone have experience using a rear trailer hitch cargo carrier and what are your thoughts (besides the access to camper door factor). Thanks much, great group and great info. Have Dodge Ram 2500 with hawk shell. Phil
I built one this fall. I wanted one to carry some coolers for my Whitetail hunt. I made mine and placed the coolers so I could open the door. I also carried my small gas can for my generator. I wouldn't want to do a lot of off roading with mine because it would hang up on stuff. I made mine with a flat bed so I can use it as a back porch. For light duty stuff I like mine a lot and I added lights to mine.

img_165231_4_dea3e7ae4669a2f0c32da093477aea2d.jpg

img_165231_6_5ca224a03a4e1e8e88914c8fc62ff9ba.jpg

2thdr said:
Sorry to hijack, but could you provide some info on those steps you have? thanks.
Those are TorkLift GLOW steps. I love them much more secure for these old joints ;) They JUST came out with a new mounting system so you can leave on all the time I have ordered. I currently store mine mine while traveling. Good stuff... not inexpensive compared to others.

Thanks for all the grreat feedback, decided to go with Tricam hitch due to price size etc. I have a CAR step that goes into the hitch presently ,just one step but it is sufficient .

Back
Top Bottom