Hawk going up for sale SOLD

danny bo

Hi. I just got back from wandering the west from Oregon to Lago Atitlan, Guatemala and will be selling my 2014 hawk. Epic trip and the Hawk is a unique mode of travel; there's something special about going to a remote spot and having the luxury of an rv that sleeps several friends and carries a ton of gear (in my case we had up to 4 people and 8 surfboards). Get out of the water last, make a killer meal and sleep in total comfort, then be in first after a nice smoothie... Ridiculous.
Just got back yesterday but wanted to post this for any that might be interested. Will update and be glad to answer questions in the coming days, but wanted to get started.

Some details: 2014 (new) Hawk installed on Ram 1500 crew cab. Options from Four Wheel Campers: side and rear awnings, silver spur option, side dinette, exterior LED lighting, 2 roof vents (1 w/ Fantastic Vent Fan), thermal pack, mechanical jacks.

I also had a 270 watt solar power system installed: including 2 135 watt Dasol panels, a small inverter, Morningstar charge controller, 183 amp hour MK gel cel battery, and NOCO Genius (great item for shore power and battery maintainence). I might be willing to remove the solar pv system if the sale was dependent on it but would give a better price if it sells together. 30' of wire for remote panel operation included. Park in the shade w/ the panels cooking in the sun. Wire needs a junction box part way through it due to damage (it's currently spliced w/ wirenuts).

Included in the sale would be the Yakima feet and bars for the roof rack (but not the rocket box pictured). I neglected to secure one of the feet correctly and punctured a hole in the roof which was repaired w/ a laminate at a body shop. No leaks... I've been in torrential downpours since the fix.

Inside of camper has scratches and scuffs consistent w/ 4 months of daily use. Upholstery is in good shape and is prolly one if the highlights from Four Wheel Campers imo - very durable. I used a memory foam topper on the bed, and friends used sleeping pads on the lower sleeping area, so there's not really staining from body oils - no smoking, no smells.

I basically did no buildouts. I put in a bunch of small hooks here and there to hold electrical cords or hanging items like towels, etc. Easy to remove w/ minimal scarring.

There's also an ARB fridge as an option but not critical to the sale - works great w/ the solar system and is a lux item when it's 100 degrees out... If you haven't used one, try them. Fridge is new also.

Haven't decided on a price... Just got back to regular life today. I'm in Corvallis, OR.

There are plenty of pics but the file sizes are too large for this site and I need to run... Working on it. Get my regular email address if you want some faster

Thanks

Danny bo

What the heck? Why ya selling? Seems like a great piece of kit for further adventures. What's the bed length on the truck? I may be interested. Send me address for so I can check out the pics.

Thanks Bud!

Oh shoot, sorry for the delay. I'm used to getting notifications from forums when there's a response to my post (maybe I have to go in and set that up on this one). Anyway, it was a big trip and hard to reintegrate from but I'm settled and here to do some business...

My situation has changed - I'm not complaining about the equipment!

Bed length is 6'4.

Price is $10k

Will send some pm's and check this more now that I'm back to regular life.

That $10k I listed includes the entire solar pv set-up. This is not one of the cheap kits that you see online; components were chosen based on recommendations from a former owner at http://solarenergydesign.com/
W/out the solar, I'd go to $9,250 but that does not include reconfiguring the wiring - it's simply unhooking the components that were added. The original fuses are still there since the Hawk's come prepped for this kind of mod.
A box of 2x2 construction was added for the battery. I'll get out there w/ my iphone and snaps some pics tmro. My Canon makes for big files that won't fit here. As for pics, it's nothing you haven't really seen if you've looked at Hawks aside from the wiring/solar stuff. My sales rep at FWC hadn't seen a Hawk w/ the Silver Spur and side dinette combo. Will snap one of the roof, the wiring and battery box

Pics are in gallery. Will post more tomorrow. Will be putting it for sale on CL also.

Back
Top Bottom