Hawk on a tacoma

rcsellmeyer

Aloha, the day is fast approaching when my wife and I will leave all we've known and loved here in Hawaii to move to Oregon for my wife to finish grad school. We have a shell model hawk in very good condition waiting for us already. My question is... Does anyone have any idea of where in so. Cal. We could get an aluminum flatbed made? We have a newer Tacoma which won't fit a hawk and while on Maui a few weeks ago we spotted an 05 taco with the exact flatbed we would like to have. Problem is the guy shipped it from Iowa! We are planning on sticking around so cal. For a while and doing some camping and getting the camper dialed in for our needs before we head out for a 3 month trip prior to her starting school. I'd rather spend that time camping than driving to Iowa. I've been scouring google and all I can find are based in the Midwest. Please advise.
... And for anyone wondering why some idiot from Hawaii would buy a camper sight unseen that he knew wouldn't fit his truck, I've wanted a flatbed forever anyway. And my wife and I have been searching for a used fwc in good condition and in our price range since we were 19 and couldn't pass this one up! So stoked to finally have one!
Mahalo.

Ute is west coast at least. XPMarc is based in northern Cal and has his flatbeds made to his specs. Not sure who does it or where they are located, though. Hopefully he will chime in with some info.

http://www.protech.net/index.php

Try the above link, this company is big in the trucking industry. They have a large distributor base. Probably one near your Cali location. They also do custom work as a standard course of business. They also have a West Coast, (Vancouver Wa.) shop.

http://www.hillsboroindustries.com/Products/AluminumTruckbeds.aspx

This group is pretty popular with the ranching community in my neck of the woods. I don't know if they make something small enough for a Toyota application.

Cheers! Thanks for all the responses. As luck would have it I came across a 2000 tundra with 52k miles on it and bought it this morning. So we'll be in less of a rush for a flatbed but definitely still want to go that route.

Back
Top Bottom