Hawk Shell side benches?

claws

Advanced Member
Do the tops of the 2021 Hawk Shell side benches come off? If so, are they hinged in the back or do they lift off. When I was ordering my shell in Woodland the salesman didn't mention that the tops could be opened. It seems that if they open there could be storage opportunities on either side of the wheel well. Since I won't have my camper until December 29th I can't answer this question myself.

Thanks,

Kim

Hello

They open to a long channel storage area that is only about 6" Deep and 6" tall and the length of the bench.

Very useful space but it is not the entire depth of the bench.

David Graves

Not a great shot but yes they are hinged. I have found they are perfect for two Helinox chairs, the table and trekking poles. And that is on one side. The driver side only the front is usable storage the back is the electronics.

Attachments

• AC2CCDC0-BAFE-4FB1-9E39-852FBA3A81A0.jpeg
    AC2CCDC0-BAFE-4FB1-9E39-852FBA3A81A0.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 128
About a year or so ago, FWC changed from those carpeted side steps (on the empty shell model) from opening on the top, to now opening on the front.

So when you get your camper in Dec. you won't have lift up carpeted side steps.

But you will still have storage space inside of there.

Hope this helps.

Stan@FourWheel said:
About a year or so ago, FWC changed from those carpeted side steps (on the empty shell model) from opening on the top, to now opening on the front.

So when you get your camper in Dec. you won't have lift up carpeted side steps.

But you will still have storage space inside of there.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Stan. By "opening on the front" do you mean the sides of the benches will open into the floor area? Any pics available?

Kim

Back
Top Bottom