Hawk - Shower repair and Fanstistic Fan

wpage66

Advanced Member
Getting bugs our of FWC -Hawk after storage as I have been out of the country. It was still winterized on last weekend outing so just carried water jugs. Drove down some back forest roads in Arkansas and shook out the screw that holds the strap to lock in the front wood brace. Put that back in and noticed that the Fantastic Fan lifting arm had broken off as well. I didn't think we went down that many rough roads and only about 40mi of them. Tried using some superglue to repair but it did not adhere well, might have been the glue 3m - "Glass and Some plastics", in fine print or the cool temps. I realized that the vent lid can come off with 4 screws on the hing to mount to the frame. Think I will take it off and clean up well before trying again, difficult working on a ladder and delicately reaching over roof to work on it in place.

Also got the shower replaced that user error had broke.

Aaron at FWC was generous enough to send a replacement from their legacy parts storage bin for the replacement, as well as some Hawk labels for me to put on. Thanks FWC.

Install was straight forward, I was surprised at the amount of fluids that drained out from the lines, I guess the Hot Water tank is above this level so gravity was assisting.

All back together, will have to test it all out later this spring.

Hawk name badge back on, Thanks again Aaron at FWC.

Back
Top Bottom