Hello from the high desert of Nevada

jcbrandon

Howdy, folks-

I just joined the forum and thought I might introduce myself.

I'm J. Brandon; my friends just call me "J." I live in Gardnerville, Nevada, just east of Lake Tahoe and about an hour south of Reno.The main reason I live here is the fantastic access to zillions of acres of public land. I've spent a fair amount of time exploring the Great Basin and the Sierra, as well as the southwest, the Pacific Northwest, and British Columbia. Last fall I took my first trip into Baja.

I came to this forum after seeing a mention on another community forum I frequent of an Eastern Sierra trip, featuring the XP Camper. I hope to see some of you folks on that trip and look forward to getting to know you.

My current backcountry vehicle is a 2007 Dodge Power Wagon crew cab pickup. I've had the truck for just over two years and am very happy with it. It does everything I need it to do.

You can see a few photos from past adventures in my Flickr collection at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbrandon/sets/

And, if you are interested, you can read a bit more about my professional pursuits on my blog at:
http://www.americansahara.com/about/

cheers,

-J.

Welcome J. Looking forward to meeting you at the XP trip. Quite an interesting background according to the bio on your blog. Can't wait hear some stories around the campfire.

Hey J.!

Seeing you everywhere these days! I bet you'll like it here. Good folks, fun trips and some unique travel destinations around the West... just BYOB & cigars. :D

Welcome J,

I also might be at the "XP" ralley and it will be nice to meet a local and hear stories (and harrass Ted
blink.gif
).

Welcome from Boise too!!!

Love your truck!! Has to be the ultimate factory off road truck.

If I ever win the lottery I will have one too!!!! :cool:

Hey J, welcome to the board!

If'n ya see me in a green Tacoma toolin around town or somewhere else up/down 395 (from socal to Canada) H O N K !!

Welcome J. I head down 395 as often as I can. The East Side is the best!
Now that I've got a FWC camper I should be passing thru more often.

Andy
www.pbase.com/lighthawk
IMG_4264.jpg

hey J. I see you made it over here to. see's like a nice forum so far.

Hey J, You are fortunate to be in NV. It has some good tax laws, lower gas prices than Oregon, no income tax, and a spirit of independence throughout the state. I like the Reno and Winnemuca areas.

Good luck on the job hunt. hint--include a one page philosophy of leadership with your applications. Great people are looking or a few great people to lead others from within their company.

Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 012.JPG :D

Back
Top Bottom