HELP -- Dometic RM2193 vs. RM2193L -- is there a difference?

Big Steve

Advanced Member
I need to change out the fridge in my 2000 Hawk. I have found a great deal on a Dometic RM2193. But, I also saw reference on this forum to the Dometic RM2193L. Is there a difference between these two model numbers? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey BigSteve

I took a look at the old manual we have on-line and it lists that model as the RM2193.

Then I did a quick web search to check for "Dometic RM2193L" and the only results came up were a posting from Ben on the WanderTheWest website.

Here is a copy of that post from back in 2007 ...

>

I'm guessing that it should be the same model, but I can't tell you for sure ?

You might want to call Dometic customer service and see if they can tell you the difference.

Dometic Customer Service # is 1-800-544-4881

My WAG is that the "L" model has a left hand door as shipped instead of a "normal" right hand door. The parts list for the RM2193 has both LH and RH hinges available.

Good call !

I think NJ Taco is right

That would probably be the reason for the "L"

========================================================

My WAG is that the "L" model has a left hand door as shipped instead of a "normal" right hand door. The parts list for the RM2193 has both LH and RH hinges available.

Thanks for the input guys. The RM2913L checks out as the right unit. I was lucky to find it on Craigslist for $300, brand spanking new. Hope is isn't too much of a PITA to install.

Steve,
Sounds like you scored on the fridge. I've had my fridge out twice, once to install the heater and once to rebuild/reinsulate the fridge compartment and the whole process is fairly easy. If you have any questions I'm sure they will be answered by the members here. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom