HELP getting in and out of bed

I threaded a piece of nylon webbing under the ATC wooden piece you are supposed to push to lift the roof. I used the plastic buckles like on backpacks to make it the right length for using to stabilize while going up or down. Because it is flexible there is no head bonking issue.

This works for my wife.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050EIUOY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

gallery_6513_1167_143770.jpg

I had to cut it to length to fit the camper.

My wife has shorter legs than I do, so she needs the extra steps to get up.

The lady sleeps on the outside and it's a wide lip water big bottle for me...

pee bowl 1.JPGpee bowl 2.JPGI have been using various Pee Bowl type systems since the 1970's. Currently my wife and I use this system with a 2 liter Nalgene bottle held by a small bungee. One pees in the lexan measuring cup with the handle and pours it into the Nalgene bottle that is emptied in the morning. I sleep in the upper bed with the extension section removed. She sleeps on the dinette. It works for both of us and requires no climbing. The hardest thing was finding the rectangular funnel . I glued a foam gasket on it to get a good fit.

We tried the ladder drumwood showed. My wife's feet are unhappy with the narrow treads and the hard ribs on the treads.

Her solution is great. We went to Home Depot and bought a two step aluminum step ladder. Before bed we remove the cushion from the roll over couch and stand it up in front of the sink.

The step ladder goes on top of the wood deck for the under couch storage (that the cushion normally is on top of).

Works great and it is a reasonably priced solution. We store it between the back of the couch and the window in transit using the fold up shower room as padding.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-2-ft-Aluminum-Step-Ladder-with-300-lb-Load-Capacity-Type-IA-Duty-Rating-150B/100658398

(P.S. We are in the Northern Lights RV Park in Glenallen, AK tonight e-route to Anchorage arriving tomorrow.)

Back
Top Bottom