Hey Fisherman, heard the news

pvstoy

Saw the news tonight about no Salmon fishing from Baja to Oregon for this season. They say they don't know why the wild salmon count is down so much.

Sorry to hear the news, as a lot of people has thier livelihood in the fishery.

A Sad Sad Day

Yeah I heard the news alright. Patrick, I started fishing when i was 15 yrs. old, I'm 63 now, I've seen a lot of changes in that time. I really never thought I would live to see this. There a lot of issues that led to this. Water, pollution, politics, and money. In 1980 there were about 5000 com. salmon licences in Calif. not all particapated, but they all paid for the licence. A good portion of that money was to ensure a future for wild salmon, something went wrong somewhere, at last count there were about 450 of us left. Where I live logging and fishing were the core support. These are the kind of hard working proud people that built this country,I don't want to see them all end up on welfare. Latley comm. fishing has taken a bad rap, some deserved some not, believe me to a man I know we care about the enviroment, we depend on it every day. I HOPE I CAN KEEP ON FISHING.........LIKE FARMERS WE FEED YOU

I don't know anyone that blames fisherman for this fiasco. Seems to me that most agree its dams and over-irrigation.

Back
Top Bottom