Hey! Want To Save Some Money

jon

Advanced Member
Maybe I can help, if your thinking of some suspension mods. or truck add on's, post what you want to do and between me and Dustin we can give you an "HONEST" est. of what your costs should be, with the understanding that labor rates will vary depending where you live. You need to do your homework, a little information will go a long way, I hope I can help.

I don't know how soon I will be able to do this but my plans are a 6" BDS lift, 12.5x35" SXT Mud Terrains with 4 1/2" off set wheels.

HD front bumper like Road Armor with a Warn winch (minimum 9.5) I guess they changed the nose of the 2010 slightly so there is no aftermarket bumper/winch mount available yet.

Silvertip,

I don't mean to tell you how to set up your truck ... but I can tell you this, one time on a knarly off camper trail in the high country and you will wish you never but a 6" lift on your truck :eek: .

marc

Silvertip,

I don't mean to tell you how to set up your truck ... but I can tell you this, one time on a knarly off camper trail in the high country and you will wish you never but a 6" lift on your truck
ohmy.gif

marc

i agree. it is tempting to try to make the truck more capable of dealing with things like rockfalls...but its not a jeep. lifts dont help when your on the side of a hill, tilted way over...or trying to go under tree limbs. how many of you guys wished you had a lift when you were on the lippincott mine road?
i can see a couple of inches....but six would compromise the basic stability of the vehicle.....the rise in the center of gravity....especially with a camper would be objectionable.....think tiltin' hilton.

Silvertip,

I don't mean to tell you how to set up your truck ... but I can tell you this, one time on a knarly off camper trail in the high country and you will wish you never but a 6" lift on your truck :eek: .

marc

I know the feeling and I HATE off camber stuff. :D

But since I sold my Jeep a stock height pickup will not get into my favorite fishing spots. Too big of rocks and too deep of ruts!!! ;)

Jon,
What the cost to duplicate your TACOMA's suspension setup? Kings all around + OME leafs? BTW, did you run custom valving on the rear shocks?

Thanks
Alex

Jon,
What the cost to duplicate your TACOMA's suspension setup? Kings all around + OME leafs? BTW, did you run custom valving on the rear shocks?

Thanks
Alex

I can see right now the title to this thread will have to be changed to read HOW TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY,A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY I'm getting the prices for you and Silvertip, be sure you're sitting down when you read them.

I can see right now the title to this thread will have to be changed to read HOW TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY,A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY I'm getting the prices for you and Silvertip, be sure you're sitting down when you read them.

:LOL:
Did you change the valving on the rear King shocks to work with the stiffer leafs from OME?

Hey Jon,
I think i've got a plan for some work on my truck (Tacoma Dbl Cab L:cool:, but i'd be interested in hearing how I can save money! :)

I was thinking of going with the toytec adjustable coilovers (i've got new rear springs from the TS:cool:. More just to level the whole thing out. Bilsteins in the back as well. The king coilovers are a bit out of my budget, but if you said that the ICON's were the way to go??? Plus, i'll probably skip the UCAs, as i'm looking at 2-2.5" max.

I was hoping to stay under $1000 (plus cost of new tires at the same time).

Rob

Maybe I can help, if your thinking of some suspension mods. or truck add on's, post what you want to do and between me and Dustin we can give you an "HONEST" est. of what your costs should be, with the understanding that labor rates will vary depending where you live. You need to do your homework, a little information will go a long way, I hope I can help.

I'm starting to wonder if the drive down to your neck of the woods might be worth it to get this done right. You still in the suspension biz? :)

Back
Top Bottom