Hippy Shack

riz

I’m selling the Hippy Shack. 1988 Toyota pickup with 22re engine. 188450 miles. Built of reclaimed redwood with styrofoam insulation throughout. The shack has a queen sized bed over the cab and a twin in back. Small couch with storage below. Radiant propane heater, 8 gallon freshwater tank, sink with electric pump, icebox, stove with oven, wood burning stove, heated ski boot locker, seven foot ski locker. Google “Toyota ski chalet” for more pics and info. Asking $16000 or best offer. I’m moving overseas and can’t take it with me so don’t be shy… make an offer

Riz, I love the Look Nevada binding door lock and also the bike derailleur one. You have a very thoughtful and creative rig. I'm not in the market for one but it seems like there would be lots of ski bums and rock climbing bums who would be interested. Looks warm and comfortable in colder temps.

Thanks Frank. I appreciate your constructive comments. I know this community’s priorities often differ vastly from mine, but I thought someone here might be interested. The Shack does exactly what I wanted it to do and it fits me perfectly. I can stand up without bumping my head (I’m 6’4”) and I can sleep warm and comfortably in a queen sized bed. I’ve traveled from Austin to Seattle and many points in between. It is not an overlander by any means. It does allow me to ski 50 or 60 days a season, and spend in a weekend what most people on the mountain spend on lunch. By the way…. The truck, after I removed the bed, weighed 2960 lbs. The Shack, when I completed it, weighed 1310 lbs. Total weight of 4270 lbs is 830 lbs below gvw of 5100 lbs. That’s how much it weighed ten years ago. It probably weighs a bit more now as I’ve added some modifications over the years.

Thanks for the weight info.I would have thought it would have weighted more.
That is a reasonable weight.just a bit more then my ATC Bobcat full camper.
I bet it's hard to part with it but taking it with you on the move I am sure is out
of the question.Although depending on where you are moving to it could be fun in a foreign country.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom