Hit some Moab trails after the Expo.

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit
First off, had a real good time at the Expo. The main reason is I camped with a group of about 30 truck campers from RVNet who I have corresponded with on the forum for years and finally put a face on them.

Absolutely nothing was free!~!~ I was in the dry camping area and I had a Jerry can for water I wanted to fill up at a vacant RV pad and a guy had a conniption!!! I was supposed to go over to the store and buy water for 10 cents a gallon!!! LOL

There was lots to see. Some very cool vehicles and vendors. But I spent most of my time drooling on the new Silver Spur FWC!!!!! And I got to meet Stan!!!

Engel had a display and I was able to talk to a very knowledgeable rep who gave me several things to check on to get mine quiet again. The worst case scenario was a new compressor for $350.

Nice. One of these days I'd like to explore that area although it sounds like maybe I need to "accessorize" my truck a little more. Only have have limited traction in the rear. :unsure:

"Engel had a display and I was able to talk to a very knowledgeable rep who gave me several things to check on to get mine quiet again. The worst case scenario was a new compressor for $350."

So please share some of the suggestions to quiet an Engel...Thanks

"Engel had a display and I was able to talk to a very knowledgeable rep who gave me several things to check on to get mine quiet again. The worst case scenario was a new compressor for $350."

So please share some of the suggestions to quiet an Engel...Thanks

A lot of them were pretty obvious. Unbolt the cover and push/press on things like the compressor tube and pipes, etc, while it runs to see if the pressure quiets it down. If so, gently bend it to where it needs to be. Check interior basket for vibration.

Check the rubber bushings securing the comopressor.

This happens once in a while and I think this is what mine is doing, especially if you are a little rough on them like me!!! He had a cut open display of the compressor guts so it is a little hard to explain without that visual aid. There is a pin that fits in a pocket inside the tube the compressor is in. It is in the top of the tube in the center. It holds the compressor guts from touching the inside of the tube. This pin may have jumed out and letting the compressor vibrate aganst the tube.

The cure is very tehnical so pay close attntion!!! Lay the cooler on one side and pop the top of the comopressor tube with a rubbr mallet. Lay it to the other sie and pop it again. then set it upright for one last pop!!! That SHOULD put it back in place.
Told you it was TECHNICAL!!!!! :D

Last case is a new compressor for $350 which I will not do. Mine ounly lasted 2 years with OCCASSIONAL use.

I should get to it in a few days. I will post my results.

A lot of them were pretty obvious. Unbolt the cover and push/press on things like the compressor tube and pipes, etc, while it runs to see if the pressure quiets it down. If so, gently bend it to where it needs to be. Check interior basket for vibration.

Check the rubber bushings securing the comopressor.

This happens once in a while and I think this is what mine is doing, especially if you are a little rough on them like me!!! He had a cut open display of the compressor guts so it is a little hard to explain without that visual aid. There is a pin that fits in a pocket inside the tube the compressor is in. It is in the top of the tube in the center. It holds the compressor guts from touching the inside of the tube. This pin may have jumed out and letting the compressor vibrate aganst the tube.

The cure is very tehnical so pay close attntion!!! Lay the cooler on one side and pop the top of the comopressor tube with a rubbr mallet. Lay it to the other sie and pop it again. then set it upright for one last pop!!! That SHOULD put it back in place.
Told you it was TECHNICAL!!!!! :D

Last case is a new compressor for $350 which I will not do. Mine ounly lasted 2 years with OCCASSIONAL use.

I should get to it in a few days. I will post my results.

Thanks !! I'll try some of the cures and see what happens..

Nice. Enjoyed seeing the photos... a bit more than I can currently handle, though :)

I must have been camped right next to you RVnet guys, the first two nights at least. Spent the last two in the national forest.

I'll have a trip report on the Expo written up soon, to be followed with my circuit around northern AZ, southern UT, and a corner of SW CO in a few days, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom