Hope this works-2 inches of latex foam

Sagefemme

Advanced Member
Here are a few pics of a 2" latex foam topper I'm HOPING will make my sleep dreamier (well, comfortable-er is what I really mean). I just laid it out and it seems to have been cut perfectly to size at the factory. I has no smell at all but I'm going to let it air out a few hours before putting a mattress pad (very thin) and fitted sheet on it. I'm hopeful that since the "ledge" where the camper roof rests when in the lowered position is above the new level of the mattress, I won't have trouble latching the top after lowering.

Attachments

• IMG_6461.jpg
    IMG_6461.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6462.jpg
    IMG_6462.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6463.jpg
    IMG_6463.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 44
If it isn’t as comfortable as you want, you might consider placing Hypervent under the mattress. In addition to allowing the underside of the mattress to stay free of condensation, it adds a bit of cushion and is about 3/4” thick.

Looks like a good solution!
This is our secret weapon against condensation and to promote good sleep under a wide range of temperatures: a fitted sheeps wool layer under the fitted sheet:
20240811_130354.jpg

If it isn’t as comfortable as you want, you might consider placing Hypervent under the mattress. In addition to allowing the underside of the mattress to stay free of condensation, it adds a bit of cushion and is about 3/4” thick.
I forgot about Hypervent, which was mentioned to me in my new camper thread. Well, now that I've added 2" to the height of the mattress I'm worried about headroom in the bed. When I showed my husband the new mattress topper he said, "before I was crawling; now I'll be slithering."

I think, in order to address his concern, I should consider as my next project altering the lift arm over the bed so as to be closer to the ceiling. Is it you who have a video about that, Mr. Sagebrush?

Looks like a good solution!
This is our secret weapon against condensation and to promote good sleep under a wide range of temperatures: a fitted sheeps wool layer under the fitted sheet:

Where do you get a piece of sheepskin 77" X 59? Sounds expensive!

This is the brand we have had for 4+ years:

@Sagefemme, it must be another member who modified the push board. I do agree, it’s a bit in the way. When we had our Grandby, it had the internal lifting struts, and that blasted lift board. Not what I thought was a good design.

Not intending to be contrarian but just sharing a different experience. We have adapted to the push board and when in bed treat it as a shelf. Glasses, ear buds, phones and such can all go up there and are ready to hand in the dark. It did not take us long to just adapt to it being there. After a few collisions and bumps a person learns to roll out of bed in certain ways and it is like it isn't there anymore.

Not intending to be contrarian but just sharing a different experience. We have adapted to the push board and when in bed treat it as a shelf. Glasses, ear buds, phones and such can all go up there and are ready to hand in the dark. It did not take us long to just adapt to it being there. After a few collisions and bumps a person learns to roll out of bed in certain ways and it is like it isn't there anymore.
There's also the issue that the controls (and lifter knob) for my MaxxAir fan would be in the way of a bar that was flush against the ceiling. I'll have to give this some more thought, or just delay until we get used to the head banger board. To be clear, neither of us has actually banged our head, and my husband does use the board for his glasses, so maybe we will keep it as is.

Back
Top Bottom