How do you transport, protect, and use your generator?

When I had my camper built, I requested to have the storage under the couch built taller to house my EU1000 Honda. Works great to store the generator/invertor, I do not use the Honda very often for the camper, as the AGM's are good for up to five days. The Honda is used mostly to recharge my trolling motor batteries in the boat. But you might want to extend the height of the couch cabinet to carry and store your generator, this has worked great !! Also no fumes from Honda if vent is closed. I can also charge my AGM's in the camper via a marine battery charger I installed, this works better AGM charging.

Ok my turn.

-Don't run the Honda in a box, they are not designed for this and it will make a short life of a fantastic generator.
-I am very leery of fumes and my wife is very sensitive to fumes, but I must admit I have traveled a little with a Honda Eu2000 in the vehicle and there were no fumes detected(vent cap closed of course). For peace of mind however I would prefer an option that does not involve storing the generator inside, especially with your animals.

-Since you are getting a Hawk, why don't you just leave the tailgate on your truck and transport the generator there? You would need to come up with a system to secure the unit, but it seems like the simplest way to go, and you already have a tailgate.

Let us know what you come up with.

Back
Top Bottom