How Many Nights Did You Camp in 2015?

GroovyDad

I saw a thread like this last year and so I kept track of my trips this year. I thought it was fun to see everyone's year end tallies.

I did 22 nights in 2015 and I'm going to try and bump that up to at least 30 in 2016.

40 days this year. Going to Switzerland next year for a few weeks so not sure if I will get to 40 in 2016.

About 30 nights for me. I purchased my Hawk in Mar. It's my first year. So of course we are enthusiastic but I hope to beat that number this year.

Things are frozen up here and we are in the dead of winter, but I hope to drive out to Vancouver Island in Feb to get and early start on 2016 camping.

Not enough, perhaps not even as much as 2014, but, I have taken steps which I hope will remedy that for 2016.

23 nights for us. A 3 night stay on the estuarine waterfront in Washington, NC, a weekend in a riverside campground in Hot Springs, NC, and 18 out of 20 nights away while on the road to western MT and back, which included several MT and WY primitive NF and BLM campgrounds and a smattering of commercial campgrounds.

Eyeing a week in the Alleghanies of western Virginia with the grandson during the summer, a few nights in the Smokies in August, and a 2 week run out to West Texas for the Terlingua Chili Cook Off in late October-early November 2016,

Foy

We had a home-rehab project going on this year and couldn't take long trips so I'm surprised to see my total is 55 so far. My annual backcountry-Florida trip was a shorter one at 23 days plus we had 7 days in Quebec and Ontario, 8 in the Adirondacks, 7 in Monongahela National Forest (WV), 4 at the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival, 2 in the Tuscarora State Forest (PA), and 4 while visiting Civil War battlefields in Maryland and Virginia (Antietam, Fredericksburg, and Chancellorsville). We also had five days in the Outer Banks of NC but that was in a beach house in Nags Head.

We're experiencing a very mild winter thus far here in PA so I'm planning to get another night or two in one of the PA state forests before the end of the year.

-OC

Looks like I'm at about 26 right now. I don't keep an exact count and there is a good chance I've missed a weekend trip here of there (see thread you know you're a geezer when...). Might make a trip the weekend after Christmas someplace depending on the weather.

Next year might be really big looking, at the possibility of changing jobs to something that would allow me to work from anywhere in which case the number will go real high!

Darn ... I try for 40 nights a year - this year I think I only hit 20 ish. Work got in the way of my Hunting season - what was I thinking!! I am going to start 2016 right by taking my Hawk Skiing as much as I can.

..... did I mention my g/f, two dogs and are planning a 30 day Road Trip from Canada to Cabo San Lucas with our Hawk??? :D

Since it is snowing here today and the house smells like holiday cookies coming out of the oven, we sat down and worked up the numbers.

It started with the end of our winter break trip -

Death Valley and Benton

and continued through 2015 -

Death Valley National Park

Pony Express Route in Nevada

Silver Peak Range in Nevada

Buena Vista Valley Nevada

Fernley to Lovelock Nevada

Monitor Pass

Carson Iceberg Wilderness

Monitor Range Nevada

Back to the Monitor Range Nevada

Montana

Sonora Pass

Bridgeport area California

Lundy Canyon California

Green Creek California

Add in a few more nights when we used the camper for our outdoor skills teaching engagements and it comes to an even 80 nights. We expect to have several more nights before year's end so we'll tentatively put the total for the year at 87.

It was fun to reflect back on the year, thanks GroovyDad! This sure makes us look forward to retirement when we can really get out.

Wow, everyone's tallies so far make my measly 22 nights seem kind of puny. I knew Ski & The Lady would take the prize; they'll be hard to beat in any given year.

I plan to do a lot of service-related camp trips in 2016 with Friends of Nevada Wilderness and Friends of the Black Rock, so hopefully those will bump me up considerably.

I camped about 80-90, Fl gulf coast, Everglades, long spring trip to SW US, big loop from ATL to southern CA up the coast to WA and back through Yellowstone plus some local trips to the Smokies.

Okay, I post my photos and blog according to how I catalog my photos on the hard drives:
2015/01 WA: 3 days
2015/02 WA/OR: 9 days
2015/04 WA/OR/NV/UT 22 days
2015/05-06 WA/OR: 17 days
2015/08: Blues Fest 4 days
2015/09 WA/OR: 20 days
2015/11 WA: 4 days

Total: 79 days.

Not all were in my camper nor were they all for pleasure but the total is 57. Not as many as I would like but I'm still declaring success! The question has led me to update my signature line.

Congratulations to all who got some in this year.

Back
Top Bottom