How Many Nights Did You Camp in 2015?

We didn't keep a good record of total days camped, but between a February-March trip to the desert, various trips to Eastern Oregon, and a Lake Powell trip in September - October, we are in the 50 to 60 day range. Most were in the travel trailer and BoaterHome (CDory).

Between the weird weather we had this year, some truck/camer problems and my dang back, I camped less than usual this year and kept close to home. I ended up doing allot of 3 day-er type and week long trips around NE California and NW Nevada for maybe 35-40 days total. However, most of the places I visited where revisits of places I have not been to for years. Since I'm retired that's a low number for me-will increase that number this year-I hope :p !

Smoke

I managed 35 nights in the camper in 2015. Due to her work and animals that need care, all were one or two night trips. I missed using the camper in July, but did use it the other eleven months.

Since buying the 4WC the last weekend of October I have 8 nights in the camper. Total nights camping in 2015 is in the neighborhood of 60 nights. Looking forward to a fun 2016!

160 total nights this year on the road during four trips with 152 nights in the camper and 8 nights visiting family, a little over a week more than last year.

- 28 nights in late March/April to finish day hiking the AT in the North Georgia mountains and started up the AT in North Carolina.
- 28 nights in late May/June to day hike the AT in south central Virginia with a side trip to the Red River Gorge in Kentucky.
- 42 nights in the July/August Canadian Rockies trip with 30 nights in Canada and a side trip to the 10 Lakes Scenic Area in Northwest Montana.
- 62 nights in late August/September/October to the Eastern Sierras in California with many side trips along the way: Flaming Gorge NRA (WY/UT), Unita Mountains (UT), Ruby Mountains (NV), Death Valley (CA), Valley of Fire (NV), Hovenweep NM (UT), Mesa Verde (CO), and Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP (CO).

All day hiking, 95+% of meals cooked in the camper, no refrig, no solar, no water tank, 65+% sink baths (remainder CG showers), almost 18,000 miles of driving, almost 7,000 pictures (groan). Cut, split, hauled, and stacked 10+ cord of firewood to keep busy in between trips and currently being fed into the furnace (95+% hard maple).

iowahiker said:
160 total nights this year on the road during four trips with 152 nights in the camper and 8 nights visiting family, a little over a week more than last year.

- 28 nights in late March/April to finish day hiking the AT in the North Georgia mountains and started up the AT in North Carolina.
- 28 nights in late May/June to day hike the AT in south central Virginia with a side trip to the Red River Gorge in Kentucky.
- 42 nights in the July/August Canadian Rockies trip with 30 nights in Canada and a side trip to the 10 Lakes Scenic Area in Northwest Montana.
- 62 nights in late August/September/October to the Eastern Sierras in California with many side trips along the way: Flaming Gorge NRA (WY/UT), Unita Mountains (UT), Ruby Mountains (NV), Death Valley (CA), Valley of Fire (NV), Hovenweep NM (UT), Mesa Verde (CO), and Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP (CO).

All day hiking, 95+% of meals cooked in the camper, no refrig, no solar, no water tank, 65+% sink baths (remainder CG showers), almost 18,000 miles of driving, almost 7,000 pictures (groan). Cut, split, hauled, and stacked 10+ cord of firewood to keep busy in between trips and currently being fed into the furnace (95+% hard maple).
Nice. Congrats on a great year of camping. jd

Our rig doubles as my wife's daily driver so it is always ready to go once it's back in the driveway. Not counting the spontaneous overnighter or two adventures, we were out about 35 nights. Funny thing is we slept in the van less than 5 or so nights as we were hanging in the hammocks under the stars most nights. It was an unusually dry camping season for us, and we took full advantage of it.

Thom

Back
Top Bottom