How many nights in 2017?

Bseek

Gypsy Feet
I enjoyed hearing the responses last year. It inspired me to try to log a few more. But life got in the way, buying a new house and moving and all.

But I did manage 28 nights. I bet most of you will top me, but that just keeps me motivated.

Now I am trying to figure out which way my favorite site. So many to choose from...

Maybe 21 nights for me.

My count went down this year. Not due to lack of enthusiasm, but weather. It went from summer to winter in Oct. and it's deadly cold right now. -30C -22F -40C -40F with the wind chill.
That being said the cold snap is ending and we will be winter camping in the mountains Jan 15th.
Dog sledding, horseback riding, cooking bannock over a camp fire.
We love winter camping when the temps are reasonable.

Did not get much camping this year maybe 15 nights. Daughter living in Switzerland so we did a couple of trips over the big pond.

Around 60, I think. As with Mr. Sage, not all were in the tule bushes, but I did get good use of the camper.

We had a good year with 2, month long trips (plus backpacking, skiing, etc. trips) so I'd guess we were in the 40 night range. Good year for us and it'll be tough to beat.

Well, I lived in my camper Nov 2016 - 2017 Jan 1 - May 1, then camped a few times since.
Not sure how many nights that is, so I'll just say "a whole bunch, still wish it was more! :-D"

Looks like my number is only 20 this year.

Our elder-care responsibilities limited our ability to get away. We couldn't even consider any trips for the first half of the year but made up for it a bit in the Fall with short trips to Canada, the Adirondacks, and Monongahela National Forest.

Quick tally off the top of my head is 41, about half of those came during the March-April time frame then things slowed down as I got ready to move south and haven't gotten out as much as I'd like since the move.

Hoping 2018 brings many more new places but do't anticipate a bump in the number of nights.

We made it to 41, a few less than I had hoped for due to a few weekend trips being cancelled due to wildfire assignments and then some really windy rainy weekends. I'll hope for 50+ in 2018.

Happy New Year all
We got out 25 in the camper, we're headed to Quartzsite, for the rock and gem show coming up. Hoping to squeeze out a couple more short weekend trips this year.

Russ

Had a late start this year due to the weather up here (snowed in). I usually try to be out and about for 7-14 days a month (what is retirement for anyway :D) -never made that this year. so I ended up with about 40 days out and about.

Smoke

365 nights in 2017. (Top that, all you Wander-the-Westers!) I have been living in my FWC Hawk since I left NY City on Oct. 23, 2016, except for 2 nights while visiting relatives.

I have put 30,000 miles on my 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 while roaming around our beautiful North American continent with my 2004 Hawk. More details anout this adventure in a separate posting.

Back
Top Bottom