How Many Nights in Your Camper

Kilroy

I recently calculated I got my money's worth out my Hawk this year, 36 nights:D

This is a record for me as I've had just 4 nights in a year also.:(

Thought it might be interesting to start a thread that see's how much folks are getting use out of there campers.

Ohers?

We have owned our camper since September 12, 2008
So far 18 nights in the camper.

Robbie

I've had my Granby for I think about 6 years now so I've lost track. It's on my truck almost full time - 1 time for 3 years straight - & always loaded with everything except water & fresh food.

The highlights are: 12 days from CO to CA & down through about the halfway mark of Baja & back, 2 trips up through western Nebraska into S Dakota, many weeklong hunting trips with my boys, a 1 1\2 week long trip through SW Colorado, a couple trips to Moab, & too many weekends to count.

I'd say it is probably the best $1400 I ever spent

Doug

Unfortunately, only 14 nights this year. Last year was 16, but we got the camper mid-summer, so it was a good year! Looking forward to >20 next year (fingers crossed).

I just recently got back from my 2008 trip to Baja. I was in my Sportsmoblie for 18 days straight! I was gone from the 15th of October to the 2nd of November. Went down as far as Loreto this year. Same crew as last year. I also traveled to Moab in April and Yellowstone in August. So I had a little use. Now I'm looking for 2009 adventures already. Hope to travel even more this coming year...:thumb:
Photo is Coyote Bay just south of Mulege.

Attachments

• CB.jpg
    CB.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 606
Spent over two hundred nights in my camper last year. Right now, it's gutted and undergoing a major remodel as an outgrowth of that sojourn.

Spent over two hundred nights in my camper last year. Right now, it's gutted and undergoing a major remodel as an outgrowth of that sojourn.

That is truly awsome, My dream after the kids are grown is to travel full time with my tools in a trailer & just pick up work as I need to - about the only way I see to ever approach you numbers;)

This is the first full year owning the Grandby. We did a couple short trips in west TN for one day each. Then we did two long trips, first one was 18 days in June and then the "first trip west" in Oct-Nov was 29 days. Total 49 days. However, I must admit that on the first trip west we did not sleep in the FWC on 8 nights. So total nights in camper is 41 for 2008.

I have a long way to go to catch up to Mark's 200 nights!

Around 40 for 2008. Much more than previous years. Hopefully the start of a new trend. :thumb:

One trip was for 10 nights. The longest trip yet.

In 2007 I spent 1 night, after I bought it and spent the whole weekend doing repairs and troubleshooting problems. In 2008 I spent 14 nights in it, 3 long weekend trips, mainly because working 6 days a week doesn't allow the luxury of camping as much as I would like.

This year the plan is to throw the camper in the back of the truck from May 4th to November 11th before pulling it off and putting the cap back on for the winter. And the additional plan is to take off on Sunday mornings and return Tuesday afternoon to work over the summer if I can get off the 6 day schedule to a 5 day schedule.

As has been so aptly pointed out by another member of this board, we've only had our camper for a week now. We've had one very dry, very warm night of camping. What is more important though, is that this makes thirty-one posts! Only sixty-nine more to go for the pig-ticket!! Hey Fisherman, keeping count?

Nice Try Boys

It's not that I feel sorry for the guy, but I hear he looks real good in a suit, so I'm going to send him a PM with a sure way to boost his post count without cheating.

In 7 months I have 20 nights in the camper.I hope I can double that this year.It has been off the truck for a couple of months due to work use.

Would have to look @ the calender for "07" and "08", but for "09" were coming in at 9 days thus far with hopefully many more to come:D

marc

Back
Top Bottom