How to be an Overlander

The best part of that was we camp here. I do recall a trip with the Judge, the Attorney, the Dad, and me, where we (who shall not be named) sunk the Judge’s Suburban up to the floor pan in Mann Lake mud. The Judge, being a wise jurist, said “there’s only one thing to do. We camp here.” He then proceeded to put on his waders and start catching Lahontan Cutthroat trout.

There’s more to the story, but we’ll save it for sitting around my propane Little Red Campfire on an overland adventure.

(true story, but the names have been omitted to protect the guilty)

Monte, thanks for sharing, that was great!

Our former next door neighbor was one of these. He had a Rousch series F250 with a fancy roof rack with all of the LED lights and a bed rack with the RTT and recovery boards attached. The accessories were always mounted to the truck. He talked often of trips to Utah he was planning to do but I don't recall a single time he ever did.

Ted said:
Our former next door neighbor was one of these. He had a Rousch series F250 with a fancy roof rack with all of the LED lights and a bed rack with the RTT and recovery boards attached. The accessories were always mounted to the truck. He talked often of trips to Utah he was planning to do but I don't recall a single time he ever did.
One of the positive notes on the current "overlanding" fad. :)

I have a buddy whose favorite quote is, "Image is everything."

My daughter's partner calls them "overloaders". I heartily agree!!

We just got back from 2 weeks exploring some awesome landscapes in Greater NoWhere Nevada. For some crazy reason we saw not hide nor hair of the Overloader crowd.

I can't stop laughing. I'm going to post this to my 4x4 club website. We have a couple of members that have gone this direction.

Back
Top Bottom