How to Pour a Beer from your FWC

Central Toast

Advanced Member
tapcropped.jpgThe latest mod...on CO2 and everything!

Maybe that's what I should do to the back closet in the Grandby! Now how to keep it cold?

Kept cold by putting the keg (5 gal) in a kitchen trash can with ice, wrapped in a water heater blanket. Strapped it into the former porta pottie space just inside the door. Found a used paintball gun co2 bottle to keep the system compact. Adapters for those to go to the regulator are on line. At the local brewer supply shop I found a cap to put in place of the faucet when driving and not in use. The whole system comes in and out easily depending on the nature of the trip. My wife ordered the custom tap handle for my birthday from someone in Portland on Etsy. So she's now complicit in the debauchery that has ensued.

With all of the good fresh beer around these days this system has really been worth it on boys mtb trips and music festivals and other group outings.

Central Toast said:
<snip>Strapped it into the former porta pottie space just inside the door. Found a used paintball gun co2 bottle to keep the system compact. <snip>
I'm showing my age. The porta pottie has to stay.

But, great idea.

I go through a lot of sparkling water -- my favorite beverage since I stopped drinking. Such a setup could work for that, too. Hmmm...

A few years ago I spent a couple of weeks at a client's plant in Germany. In the office area they had a water cooler that dispensed sparkling water -- "mit gas". There was a CO2 tank inside the cooler. Sparkling water is very popular in Germany -- as well as beer.

And in my naivete, I thought this had to do with clean up - all nighter, that darn refrigerator door latch again, inevitable spillage...........

Definitely a mod more suitable than a Porta Potti in that space!

Can you post a pic showing the plumbing and setup with the paintball CO2 bottle? Thx!

I might have to install your mod before OX-East15!

craig333 said:
How come FWC and ATC don't offer this as a factory option?
Probably due to liability concerns -- an external tap might attract alcoholic bears....and bears are mean drunks.

MarkBC said:
Probably due to liability concerns -- an external tap might attract alcoholic bears....and bears are mean drunks.
Something about drunk bears?
[media]

Advmoto18 said:
Definitely a mod more suitable than a Porta Potti in that space!

Can you post a pic showing the plumbing and setup with the paintball CO2 bottle? Thx!

I might have to install your mod before OX-East15!
Here is a photo of the plumbing for it with the CO2 bottle. The regulator with the paintball gun adaptor I found on-line. The red valve is a CO2 valve that I put in the beer line so I can turn off the the beer from the inside of the camper without un-tapping the keg...to deter those alcoholic bears that someone mentioned!
IMG_0124.JPG

Back
Top Bottom