How to read the propane guage

cannuk

Advanced Member
Ok here is my first question, I hope I dont look like a totally dummy asking this one... Here is a picture of my propane guage. First off, the owner I bought the camper from alerted me that it might be broken, so it might be stuck at 1/2 anyways. But how do you read this thing? Looking at this gauge it looks like when the needle is on Full, the bottom would read "OK", however it also looks like if the tank were empty it would read "OK". Am I nuts? It might be time to upgrade anyways. Is the general wisdom now to upgrade to the upright tanks? I seem to remember something about these vertical ones no longer being made?
t6RKalV.jpg

norcalhusky said:
One gauge is for when the tank is sitting horizontal and the other for vertical :)
Well the information next to our avatars make way more sense now :p

zDARFnF.png

fIQpCEe.png

That was a great response! I sure needed a laugh tonight - thanks Cannuk!

I also have a Manchester "horizontal"tank.I found the best way to know how much is in the tank after you fill it is to weigh it.
Than you can check the weight when you think the tank is getting low but might not show it on the gauge.
The info about what the tank should weigh empty and full is stamped on the carrying handle.
Also there is the tank "date",yes they do have a "legal" life.
If your camper now has a Manchester horizontal tank not sure you can change to a vertical one,unless you have a different size propane box.
You can still get the Manchester tank.They cost more that the vertical ones though.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom