Hunter Mountain - November 2014

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
We took a trip to celebrate my birthday. The Barking Spiders joined us. If growing older is this much fun, I want to keep doing it for years and years to come.

Part One is up on our blog -

Hunter Mountain - November 2014 - Part One

I'll try not to linger too long in getting up the final installments. It gets better, much better. At least I think so. Please enjoy. :)

The second part is now completed.

Hunter Mountain - November 2014 - Part Two

and the final installment is completed -

Hunter Mountain - November 2014 - Part Three

"The familiar clipped dialogue of climbers was repeated three times.
The climber said, "Up rope!" and when the rope grew taut, "That's me!" and then asked ,"On belay?" Out of sight above a voice answered, "Belay on!" "Climbing!" the climber announced. The voice above responded, "Climb on!"

--------------

Love the call & response from my climbing days. Corridor has been on our radar too. We made it to Ubehebe Lead Mine, but were focused on the Race Track, so didn't have time to drop down to Corridor Cyn.

Looking forward to Part III !

Great TR as normal. You will get that geezer card later not sooner the way it sounds. Reading your report I thought you would get yours the same place I got mine, Tioga Pass. My annual pass was still current but I got the geezer card as it was my birthday.

Nice Report Ski. I have to laugh, because all I thought about on our way to Great Smoky Mountain was getting my Geezer Card. First thing we did when we entered the park was to go to the counter of the visitors center and in a couple of minutes I had the card in hand. Didn't save us any money since GSMNP is one of the only parks that doesn't charge an entry fee. My wife got a kick out of the giddiness that I showed as I looked it over and then gave it to her to see. Next trip to a National Park will be free entrance and half price for a camp site. jd

Dang, Mr. 3Pin, that really is disappointing to not get your geezer card on your birthday. But then, who knew that you'd be born on Armistice Day.

A wonderful trip report as always. I think you have another calendar winner in the night shot

DVNP-Nov2014-214-copy.jpg

Sorry about your birthday present experience. :( Hope you get yours soon at a preferred or first visited NP. Happy birthday.

I got mine at Glacier NP. Wonderful experience. Planning to use it more frequently in 2015. Utah calls.

Paul

Good story Ski! Thanks for the report. I can't remember where I got my geezer card- my wife got hers first and we have always used hers. But I do have one just in case. :)

billharr said:
I thought you would get yours the same place I got mine, Tioga Pass.
We tried................................... :)

longhorn1 said:
First thing we did when we entered the park was to go to the counter of the visitors center and in a couple of minutes I had the card in hand.
I suffering from card envy now....................................

highz said:
Your geezer card is waiting patiently behind a counter for you.
I hope so but I'm feeling it's waiting in a galaxy far, far away.

Back
Top Bottom