Hydraulic Arms not Working?

slumpdog

Hey y'all. I've got a 2007 Bobcat and i'm having some issues with the hydraulic arms on the pop-top.
I had my camper in the open position for a few hours and when I went to close it I got a ton of resistance from the hydraulic arms. I could barely even get the pop-top to come down. Now, I just tried to pop the top today and there's so much resistance I can't even raise the roof at all!! What is going on with the hydraulic arms? Can they be reset or something? I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. There wasn't any extra weight on top or anything. Also, both sets are malfunctioning at the same time. ????? Thanks for the help.

Slumpdog

We've all done that before :) Otherwise I've never heard of that. Do you live in an area where they might be subject to a lot of corrosion?

mynxd said:
Slumpdog, you aren't trying to raise or lower the roof with the door closed?
That's it!!! Thanks so much. It's super stormy and rainy here and I had the door closed to keep dry. I guess air needs to escape when closing and draw in when opening??

We've all done it! One of the dangers is when lowering with no where for the air to go (out the door!) you can pop loose the short strips that hold the sideliner to the back of the lift panels. In stormy weather and you want the door closed, if you have a fantastic fan, turn the fan on high blowing out and slowly lower the roof. This actually works well and sucks the sideliner in nice and neatly.

Okay, who wants to do the math and see how many cubic feet of air we're actually moving when we raise and lower the top?

craig333 said:
Okay, who wants to do the math and see how many cubic feet of air we're actually moving when we raise and lower the top?
Quick and dirty on the Hawk extended front.......136 cubic feet

ski3pin said:
We've all done it! One of the dangers is when lowering with no where for the air to go (out the door!) you can pop loose the short strips that hold the sideliner to the back of the lift panels. In stormy weather and you want the door closed, if you have a fantastic fan, turn the fan on high blowing out and slowly lower the roof. This actually works well and sucks the sideliner in nice and neatly.
This is how I close mine every time. Makes for much less tucking afterwords.

Back
Top Bottom