I am getting another new set of tires.

camelracer said:
I was running 75 in the rear and 65 in the front.
Interesting, I have never ran mine above 50 psi, too rough on the highway. You were pretty close to the max in the back which is 80 and I do believe it was hot in the Owens Valley that week, if you were driving at that time of day....

Pretty good tire review in the latest issue of Overland Journal. Actually changed my mind on one brand.

I recently bought some Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventures with Kevlar. My buddy sold me on them after doing Steel Pass and Dedeckera Canyon with no issues whatsoever. They look very tame but so far so good. Can't wait to try them out for myself on some trails.

I put Firestone Destinations (E-rated) on mine, they have been quiet and not hurt mpg at all, definitely improved the wobble-factor on my F-150 4x4 with Hawk mounted. I run 55 psi in back when I have the trailer hooked up (Ruger C416 carying lightweight gear, clothes, stove, camping accessories) and about 50 psi in front. Getting an honest 15.8 mpg on trips (last one was 12,000 miles over 7 weeks) but would be higher if I didn't have to suffer through the winds of the Great Plains going to and coming from the Great West... in the mountains I typically get 16.5 to 17.5 pulling the trailer. Cost was about $785 for four from the local Firestone dealer mounted & balanced (my Ford dealer wanted nearly $1200 for the set) on my stock 18" rims. So far so good, 30,000 miles on them already, and no uneven wear, but I rotate them every 5K miles or so.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but since there is a good tire discussion going on I have a question. I will be upgrading my LTX MS2 tires to a E load range. My choice has come down to the LTX MS2 in the E range or the Goodrich AT's E range. I noticed the unmounted BF AT's have a stiffer sidewall section than the Michelins(also unmounted). Have any of you run both tires and can give me a comparison; wet weather handling, puncture resistance, wear, stability when loaded?

Just installed Michelin LTX/ms2 245/70/17 E-rated as a replacement for the not quite worn out Firestone AT OEM C-rated tires.. The installer set pressure to 55 all around rather than the 45 posted on the door. On the drive home, it felt like I was driving a new vehicle. The tires are much quieter than the Firestones.

Anyone have any experience with the Michelin LTX Winter's? I'm considering putting a set of E-Rated 265/70R17 on my F-250. At over $1100 installed, I'd love to hear some good reviews before making the plunge. I was hoping to put taller/skinnier tires on -- but they are hard (impossible) to find in an E-Rated Winter specific tire.

Back
Top Bottom