I finally got the call!

1tonpaulie

Contributors
I finally got the call that my Grandby was leaving the factory either Sunday or Monday depending on California's bad weather. It is hard to believe that their weather is bad and in Illinois it is sunny and 50 degrees outside. My Grandby should make it to Sean Dempsey at Go Anywhere L.L.C. in Eagle Wisconsin sometime Wednesday or Thursday morning. The time between when we ordered it to now has flown. I hope the FWC driver has a safe trip.

Paulie

Hey Paulie, that's great news. I bet you are excited! 80 over Donner is open with no chain control now and an only a small storm Sunday night into Monday.

Oh man, I'b be losing sleep right about now. Funny how time flies by until we order something. One more week till i get to test out my new bed in the camper.

Hey 1ton...great!:D Say Hi to Sean and Diana from Buzz in TN. Send us some pics of your brand new Grandby as soon as you can. When I bought my Grandby, Sean gave us a tour of the dairy operation. After the tour, we popped open a bottle of bubbly to celebrate the FWC purchase.

Now the fun starts!

Hi Paulie,

I just wanted to tell you that your new Grandby has a little sister travelling to Sean's with him....our Eagle is aboard the flatbed as well! We had a note from Sean earlier in the week...so look her over for us when you do your pickup (a picture or two?) as we are waiting until after snow season and tax returns to drive to WI... sometime after the middle of next month...two days drive for us from Manitoba. Can't wait.

Any advice from others re customs/duty issues from buyers who live in Canada and accept delivery in US?

Cathy from the Lovely Woods of Clandeboye

Kathy I called Sean to see where the FWC truck was yesterday after work. He said the driver was at the shop and had got the truck and trailer stuck in his driveway!!!! I told Sean I would be up in a little while. We live 40 miles from Sean.
When I got their the Dodge FWC truck was unhooked and full of mud. I think FWC needs a FWD pickup. 2 wd made lots of ruts and was push by all and pulled with Seans FORD F350 7.3 Smoker. My Grandby was on the bed of the FWC truck. I took pic of it all and will post tonight after work. Sean and Dianna also took pic. After unloading all campers the fog was bad. It took me almost 2 hrs to get back home.

Paulie

Hey Cathy here are some pics.

Paulie 1.jpg

Thank you so much for the pictures, Paulie! We are really looking forward to picking the unit up but it will not be until mid to late April as we are leaving shortly for Taiwan to attend our youngest son's wedding. Our Fleet looks so small next to your Granby!

On our return trip to Canada we plan to drive (and flyfish for steelhead) along the E and N shores of Lake Superior giving the Fleet the definitive break-in!

Enjoy your new toy! Cathy Welch In Manitoba

Back
Top Bottom