I got my granby today

I did find the paper with the shipping wieght, it was 1199lbs, The listed weight for the Jacks is only 100lbs,, they seem heavier when puting them on.

That still leaves me with 1200 lbs capacity,
Jada, my overweight Lab, couldn't figure the steps out, I am going to try glueing some carpet to the to see if that helps.

i-GM7BgQn-M.jpg

The jacks do seem surprisingly heavy, the first few times you handle them. Most of us don't keep them on. With your standard mirrors, you likely will keep them off as well. It makes a big difference in traffic. It's also less distracting not seeing the red glow of your tail lights off the rear jacks.

I hope Jada gets comfy with the new setup as well. Part of the fun of owning a new unit is getting everything dialled in. I'm sure you will in no time.

1200lbs should be workable. Likely you will be over your max rear axle weight (GAWR) with the bike.

Have fun!!! Hopefully you take a pic of when Jada makes it up into the camper.

I got a petsafe XL telescoping ramp, and finally made a quick overnight trip ( I did put a trip report in)

Jada needed to be led/forced up the ramp, Im glad I got the XL, the shorter one the angle would have been pretty steep for her.
Milo just jumped up next to the ramp.

i-rptVcSQ-M.jpg

Now that I've slept in it, I have a couple things I need to work on.

i-JDthb8N-M.jpg

The dogs need another step to get in the top bunk by themselves, I'll have to think about this so it's not in the way most of the time.

I seem to be ending up with several bulky items to store for travel (dog ramp, step for me, camp table, etc). I need to think some things out.

I have unmounted the camper so I can get some things done around the house, it took me a little longer than anticipated, I hope remounting it goes smoothly.

well I've been working on things, and got delayed several times due to other things.

I wasn't thrilled with the location of the factory electrical connections.

i-NdhCr3b-M.jpg

this is just too difficult to see and work on, after much thought I laid out some cut lines

i-RXWwK9c-M.jpg

Then I used my oscilatting saw to cut an access panel

i-h4Z2KnT-M.jpg

this let me see what was there and sketch a pretty rough schematic

i-T9hRBsq-M.jpg

I will draw it up better when I find the round toit's

While I was in to all of that I cleaned up my connection to the trailer plug and installed a tailgate LED strip to the bottom of the camper.

i-qwqdbtL-M.jpg

I have been watching the treads on battery monitors and did some searching and founs a VANJING bidirectional 0-100A on amazon for $30.

i-fQ4tfMw-M.jpg

i-6Q9VZXH-M.jpg

I won't give it a high recommendation for anyone that isn't technically minded, the poor translation makes it more difficult to install and setup. I still need to do some more testing but it seems to monitor the discharge pretty well.

I had planned to build some shelves down the drivers side so I have more storage. I had also been working on a table top for the Lagun mount I got.

i-Xch8L8s-M.jpg

i-KhLZ4S8-M.jpg

Since I had picked the camper up I had been looking at motorcycle carriers.

Because my bikes are pretty tall I was hesitant to get most of them because it would be hard to load the bike and then hold it up to get tie downs on.

I decided to go with an Ultimate MX Ramp Hauler, this is pretty nice because it drops to the ground to roll the bike on and get tiedowns on.

i-JvtdmWB-M.jpg

i-s5Wc9mQ-M.jpg

with it lowered I can open the door to easily climb in

i-6Xg4MwL-M.jpg

with it raised I can probably squeeze in

i-KWhqRvK-M.jpg

now that I've gotten enough chores needing the truck done I will load the camper back on and be ready to go camping.

I finely loaded it back on the truck today.

Damn that is a tight fit to back up to alone, it took me about 20 min to get straight enough and lined up side to side. When I did get there and dropped in, I am within 1/4” on the sides. I made some blocks to keep it centered and put lock nuts on the turnbuckles. While it was off I put my stall mats in so there a bit of cushioning and nonslip now.

Pickett said:
Congrats - Always room for another Tennessee Grandby.
I had to look up Byrdstown, when I saw uid Pickett I thought of the state park and Jamestown.

I am just south of Maryville

I hope to make a long weekend up there in a few weeks, some other things in life are keeping me home right now.

Love your little DR...I hear they are great trail bikes. I have a Swinger single rail trailer to bring my bike along. V-Strom 1000 for two up and off pavement rides or my FZ-09 for hooligan solo riding trips.19279.jpegIMG_20171201_150707259.jpg

2thdr said:
Love your little DR...I hear they are great trail bikes. I have a Swinger single rail trailer to bring my bike along. V-Strom 1000 for two up and off pavement rides or my FZ-09 for hooligan solo riding trips.
attachicon.gif
19279.jpeg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20171201_150707259.jpg
I am considering a small trailer so I can bring the DR and my BMW F800GS.... but I got the camper to be self contained, stopping some places when towing a trailer is not easy.

The DR is a great little bike, easy to ride, but not for longer distances. I have both bikes setup for off pavement riding,the F8 works really well but can be a bit of a handful when things get rougher..

Machinebuilder said:
I had to look up Byrdstown, when I saw uid Pickett I thought of the state park and Jamestown.
I am just south of Maryville
I hope to make a long weekend up there in a few weeks, some other things in life are keeping me home right now.
Pretty good dual sport area. Less crowded than the Dragon and Smokies, but I always liked the Cherohala. Cell phones and age made me sell my bikes. Be safe.

Nice Dual Sport rack Machinebuilder. I didn't realize there would be room still to enter. We are thinking about a combo mtn bike rack that we might also have some room to throw stuff on like some firewood, chairs... along with the bikes. Still looking at what is out there to accomplish that. I see you have a Wolfman tailbag. Wolfman is the best for DS riding! We get our 4WC in a few days!

Jon

FoxenTec said:
Nice Dual Sport rack Machinebuilder. I didn't realize there would be room still to enter. We are thinking about a combo mtn bike rack that we might also have some room to throw stuff on like some firewood, chairs... along with the bikes. Still looking at what is out there to accomplish that. I see you have a Wolfman tailbag. Wolfman is the best for DS riding! We get our 4WC in a few days!

Jon
Thanks, I tend to deliberate and over analyze things so I was really pleased it works out that well.

I also have the wolf an enduro saddlebags for the DR and a bigger tail bag and tank bag on the BMW.

I will recommend Wolfman to anyone, I had an incident where the tailbag came off the BMW and the rear tire rubbed a hole in it. It was sent to Wolfman and they repaired it as good as new for a very reasonable price.

I know you will enjoy your FWC, they are a pretty nice package.
I’m like a kid at Christmas with mine.

Back
Top Bottom