I got my hawk as well

Jamesiam

So a few weeks ago after spending a wonderful weekend off the internet with my girlfriend I returned home and did my usual Craigslist search and was shocked to see a Hawk about 10 minutes away. I have been searching over the last few months for a Hawk and here it was, but wait it was posted on Saturday morning and I’m sure it was gone. I called and sure enough someone was coming in from Santa Cruz tomorrow and had even offered over the Craigslist price, it was gone. I told him to call me if it wasn’t sold, which he didn’t. For a few days afterwards, the first thing I thought about each time I awoke was how after searching every day for months I let this slip by after not going online for one day!
At this point I am so mad I start expanding my search and see a nice Hawk in the Washington area. I call my friend and ask if he would take a road trip with me, I’m done I’m buying a hawk, I’ll call the guy. I get on Craigslist to get the number and its gone!
7 days later I look on Craigslist for a Hawk and nothing, 20 minutes later I search again and a hawk is listed in Reno, seven minutes previous. I call and leave a message followed by an email. Five minutes later he calls me back and says I’m the first caller, I tell him I’m coming over with a nonrefundable deposit because I want it, and I got it.
Santa Cruz didn’t want to make the trip because of the cost of bolting to camper was too much and a guy from Washington (FEN) was going to come down but found one locally, the one I was eyeing the day before. So Fen got his local and I got mine local. Fen sounds happy with his and I am happy about mine so it’s been a good few days in the search for a new camper for a few of us.

Hey James,
Super stoked you got that camper. I too had been looking for some time for the Hawk, and was going to make the drive to Reno on a short time budget. Glad I only had to.drive 3 hours away and that you were so close to yours. Perhaps we'll see eachother on one our north/south ventures and have beer.
Cheers,
Fen

Sounds like a good premise for a TV show:

Camper Wars!

Points awarded for farthest/fastest drive, adhoc truck or camper mods to make it fit, hacking the sellers craigslist ad etc etc.

Congrats on your new Hawks, both of you.

Hey James,
Super stoked you got that camper. I too had been looking for some time for the Hawk, and was going to make the drive to Reno on a short time budget. Glad I only had to.drive 3 hours away and that you were so close to yours. Perhaps we'll see eachother on one our north/south ventures and have beer.
Cheers,
Fen

Sounds great, I'll look for ya out here in the West

Sounds like a good premise for a TV show:

Camper Wars!

Points awarded for farthest/fastest drive, adhoc truck or camper mods to make it fit, hacking the sellers craigslist ad etc etc.

Congrats on your new Hawks, both of you.

After seeing a few episodes of that Storage Unit wars show, it can certainly be a possibility

Back
Top Bottom