I got the door open!

idahoron

I was just about to drill the old lock out and the lock moved. Not much but it moved. So I pushed the door in and then slid the lock to the left away from the plate and it opened up.
What happened is the dead bolt screws loosened up over the years. The housing around the dead bolt has a slight flange on it and that flange got stuck inside the plate.

I knew that I could feel the lock working but something was not letting it open. As a warning check your screws on the latch and dead bolt.
Best thing no damage done!!! Wooo Hooo

img_156176_0_eb03a7b39c31a0a10cdf1c7a6b19ae33.jpg

img_156176_2_033dfc9f9c81f585f6ae77f6d30e8368.jpg

My question for the other post was going to be,"what type of dead bolt do you have".
But I see from this post that the dead bolts in question are the "house" style,not the typical camper/RV type.
I have the "stock" 2 lock dead bolt/handle latch on my Bobcat and haven't had any issues.
I do keep it clean when/after dusty places.

Great news that you got it fixed without doing some real damage.
But think if this had happened while out camping.
Frank

Nice! BTW, where are you in Idaho? I'm in Boise. I've probably seen you driving around if you are in boise. There are a few FWC's here.

kmcintyre said:
Nice! BTW, where are you in Idaho? I'm in Boise. I've probably seen you driving around if you are in boise. There are a few FWC's here.
I am in Boise all the time. We are from the Twin Falls area but we go up all the time. We were up there the last two weeks. We stay at the Boise Riverside RV.

Back
Top Bottom