I lost my mind today...

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Yup, it’s true. We went to look at the new Ford Rangers... one followed me home. It’s a crew cab Fx4, with more mind boggling technology bells and whistles than I can shake a stick at (or understand).

What this means is I will be selling my 2007 Ranger w/canopy and my beautiful little ATC Bobcat. For a while, our camping will be with the big camper and towing the new Ranger, or the travel trailer. In the long run, I’m probably going to try and talk Marty into building an ATC shell to fit the 5’ bed on the new Ranger.

So, if anyone is interested in a Ranger/canopy/Bobcat combination, send me a PM. I will post details in a week or so, but the Cliff notes version is the truck is a 2007 XLT, super cab, 4.0L, 4wd, w/auto, 70,000 miles. The Bobcat is a 2016 shell that has everything but a stove and internal water system.

ski3pin said:
Congrats on the new wheel roller! :)
Lariat, xlt, or xl?
Photos or it didn't happen. :)
ski3pin said:
Julie wants to know the color.
It happened... Lariat, Platinum White

B35E9993-5F68-4B3C-B3E1-4036BA6430E3.jpeg

CougarCouple said:
Hi WS
Always wandered what it looked like when someone lost their mind, I'm happy for you it looks great!
Russ
Steve? Or his missing mind?
;)

Good looking truck. If pulling behind RV, wouldn’t haul road brown be a preferred color?
Paul

Paul, it will get a nice brown patina regardless of where it is. Additionally, we will have wirehair nose art on the inside of the windows.

<p>Congrats, a friend just bought one and came to visit, lots of room in the back seat. We have a 2009 4x4 Ranger XLT, auto, 6 cyl, 4.0 L with a FWC Eagle shell which we tow behind our Motorhome. I had to have Ford install a Neutral Switch, before it was towable 4 wheels on the ground. Is the new ranger towable without any mods?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>BY THE WAY - All my wife could say was I want one, when we got out. But I'm not ready to lose my mind yet.</p>
<p>Enjoy the new toy</p>

Thanks! I have the tow flat mod in my 2007 as well. I think you meant a 4.0L in your 2009.

Yes, the 2019 is tow flat from the factory. Not as simple as the older models, but easy enough.

Great looking rig!! Can't wait to see what you and Marty come up with!

Very nice looking truck. I know that feeling of smiling ear to ear. You'll have fun setting it up with the camper. Takes time but fun learning the new ride!

Back
Top Bottom