I love the West!

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
I flew to Scottsdale to visit the GF's family over Thanksgiving. They had a car they needed to get back to Oregon so I drove home. I always love a drive through the desert! A few photos from the trip:

Hoover Dam
hooverdam.JPG

Scottsdale
scottsdale.JPG

Jerome
jerome.JPG

Dirty Dog, I agree. Have you considered organizing a tour with CB radios in the vehicles? Never drive over 55 mph and the knowledgeable folks read history or describe the scenery as the convoy travels through parts of the west, back country whenever practical. You could conduct a trip like that for campers to visit areas you know well over several days with camping at night and good fellowship. Last summer we did that on two different tours, the last one being a trip most of the way across the United States on Highway 2, up near Canada. I actually think that was the best pleasure trip I have ever taken, and I learned a lot. John D

You sure do DD

First off, anyone who sponsors/manages a web site call "WanderTheWest" must truly love the west.

Secondly, I like how you have come to be known as "DD"

Finally, there is nothing like putting "Pink Floyd" on the stereo and driving through the magnificent vistas the American West provides. Other areas may require something like Tommy Emmanual, Traffic, Hank Williams Jr. or even Abba (yes, I listen to Abba). For long empty stretches through the desert without another vehicle in sight (except maybe for those with whom you're traveling) nothing beats "the Floyd."

DD, I know what you mean. Right now I'm jonesin' with white line fever. I don't care where I'm going, as long as I'm going some where.

Ed, nice pick in traveling music. Don't make go down to the basement and get my " Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen " LP out. Pulled out of San Pedro late one night , the moon and the stars where shining bright.....

Cheers,

Mike

CB sure has its limitations but its perfect for a caravan. All the four wheel drive runs I do use it. Its cheap and works well at short range.

Back
Top Bottom