I totaled my All Terrain Panther %(

Farrell Vaughn

Somehow my turnbuckles on the front released and my All Terrain Panther flew out of the back of my Tundra at 70 mph and ended up upside down and sliding down the highway.
I am devastated!
My question is, what do I do with my totaled camper that is now sitting in my driveway? Should I part it out? Are there people who might want to take it and rebuild it?
Junkyard?
Landfill?
AirBnB it?

So sorry to hear about that. Did that happen on 395? I'd start by posting up some pics. I'm curious to see what the guys at ATC think.

Unfortunately not an April Fools Day joke - although I feel very foolish; in fact, mortified! It was on 395/580 in Reno. I am calling ATC Monday morning to get their opinion.

Well, this has convinced me to add some kind of backup safety chain along with the turnbuckles when I get my camper.

Sorry to hear about your camper.
Always a good idea to check the turnbuckles.
That's a bummer having your camper get blown off like that.
Who knows maybe ATC might be able to help.It might not be the total
you think it is.

Frank

I'd heard of something happening on 395. Sorry to hear it was you. I'm hoping Frank is right.

Thanks sharing this mishap. You have my condolences. With regards to what to do with the camper now, try selling it as is - for parts or a base for D.I.Y build.

Hello Ferrell Vaughn
So sorry to hear of your accident. I found loose turnbuckles in the past, and forced me to come up with a solution which could stop me being worried all the time. I bought some nylon straps with the spring loaded pinch buckle. Install them over the top of the turnbuckles. They are long enough to loop thru a couple times before securing to the spring buckle. I pass the left over thru the center of the turnbuckles so they don’t back off and loosen.
Easy inexpensive and work very well. I know it’s probably too late for this camper, but maybe for the next time.

Russ

I'm sorry you had this happen to your camper. I wouldn't write off the camper, even if your insurance (?) does.
The roof is replaceable, as is the liner. Depending upon the amount of damage, it may be repairable at a lower cost than replacement.

5outta6 said:
No comments from ATC? I guess they don't read this page...
It’s a very small company that focuses on building quality campers and satisfying their customers. I suspect they don’t follow every thread on WTW, nor should they.

They’re very easy to contact when needed.

CougarCouple said:
Hello Ferrell Vaughn
So sorry to hear of your accident. I found loose turnbuckles in the past, and forced me to come up with a solution which could stop me being worried all the time. I bought some nylon straps with the spring loaded pinch buckle. Install them over the top of the turnbuckles. They are long enough to loop thru a couple times before securing to the spring buckle. I pass the left over thru the center of the turnbuckles so they don’t back off and loosen.
Easy inexpensive and work very well. I know it’s probably too late for this camper, but maybe for the next time.

Russ
Russ,

CougarCouple said:
Hello Ferrell Vaughn

Russ
Russ,

Do you have a photo of how you install the extra strap? Sounds like a great idea but I'm having trouble visualizing it.

Thanks

Wandering Sagebrush said:
It’s a very small company that focuses on building quality campers and satisfying their customers. I suspect they don’t follow every thread on WTW, nor should they.

They’re very easy to contact when needed.
I'd bet Marfy follows this page.....

I think they are 1” raft tie downs used to secure various items into the raft. Considering this terrible story, I am inclined to rummage around for a couple I know I have and use them as described above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom