I want a FWC

jeromehdmc

Right now I have an older Palomino pop-up made for a long bed truck. I like it but I have a 2007 Ram Quadcab short bed and I have to keep the tail gate down to haul it. I've been looking for an older Hawk but as you all know they are hard to come by. I'm frugal (code for cheap) so I have been looking at the older pre 1990 campers. I am wondering if any of you have put a smaller camper like a Fleet on a newer model truck. I think it should work if I built a platform for it to sit on. Or have any of you modified an older short bed full sized camper to fit? Are there any topics on this, I've tried searching but I'm not coming up with anything. Besides the lower cost I also like the old interiors better, paneling and brown plaid cushions are very nostalgic for me.

Thanks Larry

I don't recall any specific threads to modifying an older camper to fit a newer truck. There have been some posts where someone has narrowed their camper to fit as part of their overall resto thread. The best one I can think of involved someone doing it to a Keystone. There was another one on here where someone did it using corner braces to re-attach their aluminum as opposed to welding.

I wanted a FWC for a couple decades. After wanting and looking and not finding I just bought a new one and didn't look back.

Does anyone know about what year this camper is? the owner says it's an 82 Hawk but it looks newer to me.

AWESOME CAMP TRAILER - $5000 (Akron CO)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

01515_hnxTcE25ppd_600x450.jpg

Four wheel pop up camper on a 2013 heavy duty trailer / brakes. This is a 3 way unit. It can be taken from the trailer with very little trouble and put on your 6'6" full size truck and use the trailer or left on the trailer and used that way. or just use the trailer by its self for what ever. This unit can be pulled by any SUV as it only weighs about 1800 lbs. It will sleep 4 easily. It has a fridge 2 burner stove microwave and cat heater. It comes with a generator and solar charger for the new batteries(2) it is all ready for an inverter to turn the 12volts into 110. I would consider selling the camper alone for the right price, it has a blue book of 5K by itself. I have pics and will be glad to send them to you if you are interested.

Check with Stan at Four Wheel stan@fourwh.com. Send him this picture.

There is a serial number plate on the back wall - lower right corner.
It looks to me like 2000-2004 series and probably a Hawk since it fits a full-size short-bed pickup.
Four wheel will have its history if you can get the serial number.

Back
Top Bottom