I5 Traffic Impact from Oroville CA emergency ?

DavidGraves

Howdy

I would be eager to hear the local impacts to travel down the I 5 corridor Redding to SAC generally related to the Oroville evacuations ?

Campgrounds, gas stations full ? other stuff ?

Sorry for the folks affected by the emergency and trying to know whether to run down the NorCal coast and avoid I 5.

Many thanks

David Graves

North Oregon Coast

With the road closures on 70 and 99 there well may be some extra traffic on I5 but it hasn't been mentioned on the local news yet. Gas and stuff is probably just fine.

Campgrounds may be full within the adjacent counties. Here in Nevada County, half an hour up the hill from Marysville, our Fairgrounds are at full capacity with evacuees.

Campgrounds, fairgrounds, hotels, Beale AFB...all are in participation in the 99/70 corridor....

I-5 corridor should be OK for traffic and fuel....It's going to be sketchy for camping for a week or so

Coast should be fine all the way down...camping would probably be a bit better that way too

Pretty much concur what the others have said. Traffic on I-5 from Sacramento to Redding may be heavier and lines at gas stations and food stops a little longer, but overall little impact. But that is only a two hour stretch so it would not be difficult to go beyond that area in a day.

Evacuation lifted this afternoon. Most of the evacuation folks stayed close to home from what a few locals had told me.I5 should be fine. Maybe heavier truck traffic avoiding 99.

This next warm tropical storm rolling in Thursday still has water officials sweating the lake levels and dam repair effort.

Back
Top Bottom